Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Conducts general electrical repair work and troubleshooting.
- Performs preventive maintenance, installation services and construction work in accordance with organizational and national safety and fire codes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and schematic drawings for material take-off and to complete work assignments.
- Installs new electrical systems, fixtures, equipment, wiring, and circuits in accordance with blueprint design.
- May repair and maintain fire alarms.
- Records kilowatt hour readings from monthly meter inspections to ensure accurate billings and accounting records.
- Takes the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards and other applicable regulations, when working with hazardous chemicals, materials, and power equipment.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required. Orders and obtains materials and equipment necessary for project completion.
- Utilizes electrical trade tools and test equipment.
- Ensures proper maintenance and safeguarding of materials and tools against theft or vandalism.
- Troubleshoots and repairs fixtures and components of electrical systems.
- Performs visual inspections, pinpoints faulty parts and repairs electrical equipment.
- Drives utility vehicles to and from work sites; is responsible for their safety,
- maintenance and cleanliness.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent. Four years of electrical work experience. May require a valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record. Some positions within this classification may require CPR certification upon employment.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
*Updated* Electronics Technician 2 Fire Safety, Facilities Management [R0139522], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 8 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for *Updated* Electronics Technician II - Fire Safety, Facilities Management [R0139522] ROLE of the POSITION Under general supervision, in...
Grounds Crewperson, Bellevue University, United States, 13 days ago
Primary Function: The Grounds Crewperson is responsible for keeping the outside appearance of the university clean and presentable. General duties include lawn care, landscaping and snow removal. ...
Hvac Refrigeration Technician Lead Ke Facilities Services, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97135BR Campus: Tempe HVAC Refrigeration Tech Lead Job Description Facilities Development and Management, Facilities Management, Knowledge Enterprise, seeks an HVAC Refrigeration Technician Lead a...
Facilities Services Supervisor Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
97428BR Campus: Tempe Facilities Services Supervisor Job Description Facilities Management seeks a Facilities Services Supervisor to plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate the activities of craf...
Plumber, Carleton University, Canada, about 22 hours ago
If you are an internal applicant, please make sure to update your current union status in your candidate profile each time you apply for a vacancy. Internal candidates will be given priority consi...
General Maintenance Mechanic (Residential Facilities) Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
97364BR Campus: Tempe General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description ***MULTIPLE OPENINGS*** Facilities Management, Residential Facilities, seeks General Maintenance Mechanics to perform maintenance...