Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Mission of The Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) is to inspire and transform the Michigan community into entrepreneurial thinkers and doers. The CFE is an innovation hub where ideas, people, resources, and technology meet and create the future. The CFE provides active-learning experiences to all students and faculty at The University through classes and programs that are designed to teach the skills needed to successfully translate high-potential projects and ideas into the world. In learning these skills, individuals become better prepared to identify and act on opportunities to solve problems in any organization or entrepreneurial endeavor.
Since its inception in 2007, the CFE has developed a rich and diverse set of offerings that cater to needs of the students and faculty at the University. Just like a startup, the CFE team continues to evolve and grow to meet the increasing demand for entrepreneurial curriculum and experiences. The CFE has made an unprecedented commitment to spur and enable entrepreneurial activities among students, faculty, and the greater community. Course enrollment, immersion treks, workshops and fellowships include students from all U-M schools and colleges.
The Educational Programs Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and coordination of curricular and co-curricular programs and activities for undergraduate and graduate students at the CFE. The person in this position will provide multi-faceted support to build and scale CFE Educate Broadly programs and will fulfill these responsibilities with vision, dedication, passion, and action. The Educational Programs Coordinator must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and goal-oriented team environment.
The CFE is looking for a talented, motivated, and committed individual that is excited about and dedicated to the CFE mission. This position is an unique opportunity to be a part of a globally-recognized leader in entrepreneurship education. We are seeking a champion of student services with a positive, can-do attitude.
Educational Programs Support
- Coordinate, market and actively recruit for Center for Entrepreneurship course and co-curricular program enrollment
- Manage CFE course offering publications and schedules in Student Administration system, on the CFE website, and in the College of Engineering Bulletin
- Arrange and facilitate faculty needs in implementing CFE courses (e.g., scheduling classrooms, access to video services, etc.)
- Coordinate and facilitate co-curricular workshops and special events for CFE educational programs
- Support and maintain CFE curricular/co-curricular programs and strengthen the CFE community for students enrolled and/or participating in CFE offerings.
- Lead data-mining and reporting of academic and co-curricular programs using Business Objects, CFE’s CRM software, Microsoft Excel, Google Suite and other data tools. Contribute to preparing annual reports and all other data requirements (i.e. CFE annual report, Princeton Review submission, curriculum review, etc.)
- Serve as point of contact for students participating in CFE’s Educate Broadly programs, activities, and courses
- Advise students interested in enrolling in engineering entrepreneurship courses and programs
- Collect course petition/approval requests and track decisions
- Process graduation audits and curricular exceptions, prepare documents for curriculum committee and updating the Registrar annually
- Support student organizations involved with the CFE programs and initiatives by providing guidance on U-M policies and procedures, event planning, marketing, fundraising, and group logistics; manage budgets for student organizations' sponsorships
Educational Programs Outreach Events and Marketing
- Advocate for engineering entrepreneurship programs and courses to engineering students and faculty via information sessions, engaging outreach events, cross-departmental meetings, recruitment events, and other partnership building activities and programs across the University
- Develop, coordinate, and, actively promote outreach activities with engineering undergraduate students
- Recruit students, university-wide, to participate in CFE’s Educate Broadly activities and programs
- Contribute to planning, organizing, and executing CFE student-facing events, including beginning and end of year activities, and, Discovery Treks. Educate Broadly Event planning includes, but is not limited to, securing space, negotiating contracts with vendors, maintaining multiple budgets, ordering catering, creating event timelines, organizing group transportation, and meeting host point persons, among other activities
- Work with the CFE Marketing and Communications team to develop outreach and marketing materials for diverse Educate Broadly activities and programs audiences. Collaborate on the creation and maintenance of relevant program materials. Publicize the activities, programs and goals of the CFE. Source most up to date information to maintain co-curricular and faculty content in the CFE website
- Provide multi-faceted opportunities towards creating entrepreneurship content that positions CFE as a leader in entrepreneurship education
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four or more years of relevant work experience in higher education academic support programs, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven abilities with positive and respectful working relationships across all levels of internal management and staff as well as with students, faculty, external staff, and sponsors
- Excellent customer service skills; demonstrate positive outlook that is both flexible and adaptable
- Professional discretion and sensitivity to academic support needs of students; maintain integrity of confidential materials and student information
- Exceptional organizational, time management and program coordination skills with keen attention to detail
- Motivated, self-driven and self-starter who can prioritize tasks while exercising sound judgement
- Demonstrated initiative and adaptability across all areas of responsibility; contribute proactively to a highly collaborative team
- Results driven. Proactive individual who and will act as a steward of the CFE, College of Engineering and the University
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, project management, and customer relationship management software
- Experience working in multi-faceted academic support roles within a university environment
- Knowledge of student learning theory and the ability to apply best practices programmatically
- A demonstrated understanding of the College of Engineering and/or University of Michigan policies, procedures, and systems, including M-Pathways and Business Objects
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/ .
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: www.engin.umich.edu/...lege/about/diversity .
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Collection Manager, University of Toronto, United States, 5 days ago
How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the p...
Assistant Professor (Associate Director Of Bands), Eastern Michigan University, United States, about 21 hours ago
General Summary Eastern Michigan University School of Music & Dance seeks qualified candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Associate Director of Bands. The position is a full-time...