The Educational Advisor/ Study Abroad Advisor will provide general study abroad advising, and promotion, as well as assistance to logistical and administrative support to study abroad programs. As a primary function, the Educational Advisor/ Study Abroad Advisor will be mentored and trained for student advising, classroom presentations, faculty support, pre-departure preparation, coordination with program providers and associated administrative tasks.
This is a position within the Lindner College of Business (LCB) collaborating with the study abroad side of International Programs. International Programs is a unit within the Lindner College of Business. LCB sends over 700 students abroad on up to 16 faculty-led, short term programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. LCB International Programs collaborates with UC International Programs and follows their lead in study abroad management and risk management protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance to students on academic, financial, career planning, and personal matters as it pertains to study abroad.
- Advise students on study abroad options
- Maintain records of student appointments, applications and prepare related reports.
- Give presentations regarding international programs during orientations, classes and student organization meetings.
- Assist in developing extracurricular, social, cultural, and educational activities and programs relevant to the needs of exchange students.
- Process study abroad applications and maintain student information in database
- Manage all student and faculty apps in Terra Dotta database.
- Assist with logistic planning for faculty-led study abroad, including reservations for flights, hotels, and sightseeing.
- Manage visa processing for programs
- Post study abroad charges and request scholarships
- Update website and other marketing material to recruit program participants
- Compile student information and safety procedures for program leaders prior to travel
- Interact with staff, faculty, and university departments regarding international programs.
- Run data reports quarterly
- Perform related duties based on departmental need
Bachelor’s degree with one (1) year experience – OR – Associate’s degree with three (3) years experience – OR – five (5) years experience. Experience must be in educational advising and/or international programs.
Additional Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of best practices in international higher education and/or study abroad
- Ability to interact with faculty, students, administrators, and others in a highly professional manner (mostly via email and in-person conversations)
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using the standard suite of office software, primarily MS Office with strong navigation of MS Excel.
- Motivated, proactive, detail orientated and independent in the completion of job duties
- Experience studying or working abroad
- Experience in working in education abroad or related field (preferred)
Application Process : Please apply to REQ 38757 and attach a cover letter to your application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Coordinator Of International Student Programs, Indiana Wesleyan University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Coordinator of International Student Programs Position Summary: The Coordinator of International Student Programs provides all levels of support to international students from inquiries, applicati...
Patient Services Representative Uc Lindner Athletic Center University Health Services, UC Health, United States, 8 days ago
Patient Services Representative - UC Lindner Athletic Center - University Health Services( Job Number: 056016) Description Primary Purpose: Responsible for the overall efficiency of the department...
Massage Therapist Uc Health Ucgni Integrative Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 11 hours ago
Massage Therapist- UC Health UCGNI- Integrative Medicine( Job Number: 056189) Description Primary Purpose: Provide therapeutic massage services to patients in Integrative Medicine across UC Healt...
It Information Security Specialist Uc Health Business Center Is&T, UC Health, United States, about 11 hours ago
IT Information Security Specialist - UC Health Business Center - IS&T( Job Number: 056136) Description IT Information Security Specialist UC Health Business Center IS&T 40 hours Days Primary Purpo...
Lab Student Technician Uc Medical Center Lab, UC Health, United States, about 11 hours ago
Lab Student Technician - UC Medical Center - Lab( Job Number: 056261) Description Primary Purpose: Performs routine laboratory test procedures to gain a basic set of work skills that are required ...
Patient Care Assistant Uc Medical Center Emergency Department, UC Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Patient Care Assistant - UC Medical Center - Emergency Department( Job Number: 056210) Description Title: Patient Care Assistant Location: UC Medical Center Department: Emergency Department Shift:...