The Educational Advisor/ Study Abroad Advisor will provide general study abroad advising, and promotion, as well as assistance to logistical and administrative support to study abroad programs. As a primary function, the Educational Advisor/ Study Abroad Advisor will be mentored and trained for student advising, classroom presentations, faculty support, pre-departure preparation, coordination with program providers and associated administrative tasks.
This is a position within the Lindner College of Business (LCB) collaborating with the study abroad side of International Programs. International Programs is a unit within the Lindner College of Business. LCB sends over 700 students abroad on up to 16 faculty-led, short term programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. LCB International Programs collaborates with UC International Programs and follows their lead in study abroad management and risk management protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance to students on academic, financial, career planning, and personal matters as it pertains to study abroad.
- Advise students on study abroad options
- Maintain records of student appointments, applications and prepare related reports.
- Give presentations regarding international programs during orientations, classes and student organization meetings.
- Assist in developing extracurricular, social, cultural, and educational activities and programs relevant to the needs of exchange students.
- Process study abroad applications and maintain student information in database
- Manage all student and faculty apps in Terra Dotta database.
- Assist with logistic planning for faculty-led study abroad, including reservations for flights, hotels, and sightseeing.
- Manage visa processing for programs
- Post study abroad charges and request scholarships
- Update website and other marketing material to recruit program participants
- Compile student information and safety procedures for program leaders prior to travel
- Interact with staff, faculty, and university departments regarding international programs.
- Run data reports quarterly
- Perform related duties based on departmental need
Bachelor’s degree with one (1) year experience – OR – Associate’s degree with three (3) years experience – OR – five (5) years experience. Experience must be in educational advising and/or international programs.
Additional Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of best practices in international higher education and/or study abroad
- Ability to interact with faculty, students, administrators, and others in a highly professional manner (mostly via email and in-person conversations)
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using the standard suite of office software, primarily MS Office with strong navigation of MS Excel.
- Motivated, proactive, detail orientated and independent in the completion of job duties
- Experience studying or working abroad
- Experience in working in education abroad or related field (preferred)
Application Process : Please apply to REQ 38757 and attach a cover letter to your application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Targeted Assessment Specialist, University of Kentucky, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title Targeted Assessment Specialist Requisition Number RE23065 Working Title Kenton County TAS Department Name 7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA Work Location Covington, KY...
Medical (Certified) Asst Clifton Ent, UC Health, United States, about 20 hours ago
Medical (Certified) Asst - Clifton - ENT( Job Number: 058910) Description Primary Purpose: Function as an integral part of the Clinical office staff where the Medical Assistants perform administra...
Associate Service Fellow National Institute For Occupational Safety And Health (Niosh), University of Washington, United States, about 19 hours ago
Description: The Social Science and Translation Research Branch (SSTRB), Division of Science Integration (DSI), of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Centers for Di...
Health Education Coordinator/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 15 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator/UKHC Requisition Number RE22980 Working Title Community Health Outreach Worker Department Name H5001: Pharmacy Services- KIRP Work Location F...
Ambulatory Director Of Clinical Services Uc Health Ucgni, UC Health, United States, 25 days ago
Ambulatory Director of Clinical Services - UC Health - UCGNI( Job Number: 058836) Description Primary Purpose: The Director of Clinical Services directs and coordinates the patient care and manage...
Rn Cn I Uc Medical Center Specialty Surgery 5 Se, UC Health, United States, about 20 hours ago
RN - CN I - UC Medical Center - Specialty Surgery-5SE( Job Number: 053789) Description Primary Purpose: Assesses patient's health status, collects and documents data to charts, determines diagnos...