Job TitleEducation Specialist
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentOffice of Evaluation & Assessment
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationRound Rock, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for an Education Specialist to serve as a member of the Office of Evaluation & Assessment team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Summary: This position manages required course and clerkship evaluation and contributes to curriculum mapping. This includes developing and implementing timelines and procedures to ensure completion of evaluation reports. It also includes regular meetings with faculty and students. Facilitates project team members’ completion of report sections and finalizes evaluation reports. Ensures quality control and standardization in reporting.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, be energetic, and show initiative (self-starter)
Ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
- Preferred experience in higher education or medical education
- Preferred experience with project management software (Asana, Microsoft Project, etc.), educational software including curriculum management software or evaluation management software
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of educational terminology and methodologies, computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and other presentation software, and scanning, formatting and statistical skills.
- Ability to explain procedures and policies, communicate with various levels of staff, students and faculty.
- Project Management and Report Oversight: Oversee and facilitate day to day processes for reporting of course and clerkship; develop and maintain reporting timeline/calendar; plan, develop materials/reports and assist with implementation of procedures to include curriculum mapping and evaluation data collection, and other programs as needed; ensures quality control and standardization in reporting; development and delivery of materials, reports, presentations and workshops for OEA; assist with special evaluation projects
- Liaison to Faculty: Lead meetings with course and clerkship directors to provide reports related to curriculum, assessment, and evaluation; ensure that feedback loop to course/clerkship directors is closed; serve as liaison to faculty regarding evaluation and assessment activities including participation in Council of Course Directors (CCD), COM committee meetings, etc.
- Liaison to Students: Works with students regularly related to teaching, learning, evaluation, and assessment; gathers feedback from students, develops action plans, and implements changes based on student feedback; establishes open communication
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Part Time Lecturer Social Foundations I, New York University, United States, 14 days ago
NYU Florence is seeking a part-time lecturer to teach a course in the first year Liberal Studies Core , Social Foundations I, under the sponsorship of NYU Global Liberal Studies. The course would ...
Part Time Lecturer Food, Culture & Globalization: Florence, New York University, United States, 14 days ago
NYU Florence is seeking a part-time lecturer to teach the 2 credit course, Food, Culture & Globalization: Florence, under the sponsorship of the Steinhardt School of New York University in the Dep...