Academic Resource Center
60% - Assists in the administration of Project GO, a federal grant program designed to increase knowledge of critical languages and cultures among student in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)
• prepares informational and advertising materials to recruit students; visits area ROTC units to brief students on the scholarship program
• works with the Office of Study Abroad and departmental Language Coordinators to match students with appropriate study abroad programs and to conduct pre-departure orientation sessions.
• conducts workshops and provides personal consultations on language learning strategies; organizes extracurricular activities for on-campus language programs.
• assists in processing of student scholarship applications and in creating reports on grant-related activities and expenditures
• hires, trains, and assists in the evaluation of language tutors and conversation partners
40% - Coordinates the daily operations of the Academic Resource Center, a unit that supports the study of the Humanities through the use of technology and instructional media
• manages administrative issues in the unit, to include ordering of supplies, negotiating publisher permissions for audio/video resources and scheduling of instructional space
• hires, trains and assists in the evaluation of student personnel; prioritizes and delegates daily work of students to achieve unit goals; assists in development of training program for new hires
• serves as unit liaison to the Applied English Center and Academic Accelerator programs; prepares biannual reports on services provided to these programs.
• assists faculty, students and staff in accessing/producing materials for use in research and teaching
1. This position will be required to work on-site at the Lawrence campus.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
1. B.A. in a foreign language, second language education, applied linguistics, or related field
2. One or more years of work experience in the areas of office management, program administration, language teaching and/or related fields
3. Native or near-native fluency in English with excellent oral (as evidenced by interview) and written communications skills
4. Proficiency in standard software for running a small office (email, word processing, spreadsheets)
1. M.A. in a field related to language instruction
2. Prior work experience in higher education
3. Knowledge of one of the critical languages offered by the KU Project GO grant (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian)
4. Working knowledge of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
Contact Information to Applicants
Jonathan Perkins, Director
Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes an online application, cover letter, resume/cv, and a list of 3 professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application deadline is January 30, 2021. To ensure consideration, apply by January 30, 2021.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 22 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...