The Office of International Admissions works to promote the presence of the University of Kansas abroad, enhance international student enrollment and retention. Staff members identify and work with prospective students, process all incoming international undergraduate applications, make admit/deny decisions, and create and maintain official university records for this student population.
The Education Program Coordinator for Processing & Technical Support is the primary staff member responsible for designing, developing, monitoring, and maintaining International Admission’s electronic admission database system and when necessary, implementing technological system changes. This position provide technical support and training to International Admissions staff, other KU stakeholders and partners outside the university for the daily execution of tasks accomplished on various computer systems and serves as the liaison with the external vendor. The position contributes to the on-going assessment and analysis of the CollegeNet online application forms, the ADMIT database systems, and the Slate CRM, executing design & functional modifications as needed. This position will periodically generate reports and queries, collecting data to support departmental and broader institutional needs. This Education Program Coordinator is also independently responsible for evaluating applications and making academic admission decisions for international undergraduate applicants. The position processes incoming international undergraduate applications for admission to the University of Kansas, reviews applicant files, completes international academic credentials evaluation, calculates GPAs, and performs other aspects involved in the academic admission decisions for international undergraduate applicants. The coordinator creates, updates and maintains data in the CollegeNet ADMIT, PeopleSoft/Oracle Enroll & Pay, and Slate systems required for the record maintenance of international undergraduate applicants; provides services to walk-in and phone clients; handles office e-mail and postal correspondence; and executes general clerical activity to facilitate the smooth processing of admission applications. Duties of this position are critical to fostering the engagement of international students who seek educational program opportunities at the University of Kansas.
40% Admission Processing, Evaluation and Decision Making
- Downloads online applications for admission and starts student files.
- Uploads files & materials into the CollegeNet ADMIT system.
- Codes/enters applications from on-line in the CollegeNet online application forms and Common Application forms that load into the ADMIT, ImageNow, Slate, and PeopleSoft/Oracle Enroll & Pay systems.
- Is independently responsible for the evaluation process and academic admission decisions for international undergraduate applicants.
- Determines need for verification, then confirms authenticity of academic documents.
- Calculates GPA's converting to 4.0 scale as needed.
- Reviews accreditation/recognition status of international institutions.
- Completes forms to document decision process.
- Performs conversions to US dollars for bank statements in non-US currencies, as needed.
- Routes records with transfer work to international credential evaluator.
- Places/releases enrollment holds on applicants.
50% Technical Support for Electronic Application Forms & Record Keeping Systems
- Designs, develops and maintains International Admission’s electronic admission database system.
- Assesses and analyzes the performance of the online application forms and database system, executing design & functional modifications, as needed.
- Provides reporting and data analysis as needed by the department.
- Serves as primary liaison with system vendor to recommend and implement technological system changes or upgrades.
- Provides technical support and training for International Admissions staff and other KU stakeholders (AEC, ISS, Study Abroad, Office of Admissions and professional school admissions staff, etc.) and external partners for the daily execution of tasks accomplished on various electronic and computer systems.
- Takes a lead role in the annual review and revision of online application forms.
- Reviews and recommends technological changes in office processing systems.
- Collaborates to develop technical solutions and leads meetings, trainings and implementation of new processes.
5% Communication/Public Relations/Information Dissemination
- Supports the international recruitment and admissions mission.
- Responds to applicant inquiries concerning admission requirements/procedures, information about the University, specific degree programs, transfer credit, and enrollment.
- Maintains contact with students throughout admission process and makes referrals to other campus offices.
- Corresponds with students, government offices, foreign ministries of education, US Consulates and Embassies, foreign secondary and post-secondary institutions and educational agents.
- Assists in management of departmental email account.
- Provides general back-up assistance to the office (e.g.s. reception and mail).
5% Office Record Keeping/Archiving and General Office Support
- Assists in tracking/maintaining/archiving all international undergraduate admission records and application materials, including application forms, test scores, transcripts, letters, petitions, and change of school forms.
- Codes and enters incoming transcripts for current and former students.
- Assists with general office support, scanning, filing, stocking office supplies and promotional materials, maintenance of scanner, photocopier and printer, and processing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact Information to Applicants
Somer Chalfant, email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Please use your cover letter to address how you meet the required and preferred qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. An online University of Kansas application must be completed to be considered for this position.
The application deadline has been extended. To be considered, please apply no later than Thursday, May 23rd.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M-F; 8am - 5pm
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Assistant Teaching Professor, Mathematics, United States, 2 days ago
The Department of Mathematics, University of Kansas invites applications for an Assistant Teaching Professor in calculus. Position expected to begin January 1, 2020. Ph.D. in Mathematics or Mathe...