Temporary Employment Program
The UCSF Department of Psychiatry is nationally recognized for its many outstanding education programs in medical school, residency programs and clinical fellowships, research fellowships, and continuing medical education. This position provides comprehensive administrative and programmatic support for Psychiatry education and training activities at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) campus.
The primary function of this role works in concert with lead central administrators and faculty site directors of principal psychiatry department training programs at UME, CME, and other levels including Medical Student Education, General Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Public Psychiatry Fellowship Program and Continuing Medical Education, to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of these activities at the ZSFG site. The incumbent also works with central faculty leadership of these programs as needed, and is responsible for managing all administrative and logistical requirements to help support undergraduate, graduate, fellowship, and continuing medical education based at ZSFG. Core job functions include
- Planning, scheduling, marketing, reporting, and other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate, and Graduate Medical Education
- Plan and execute residency training program events (annual new resident orientation, and tri-annual farewell receptions); communicate comfortably and productively with administrators, Director of Vocational Rehabilitation and staff, faculty and residents; organize logistical details of program events; serve as liaison between departments
- Coordinate day-to-day administrative aspects of the residency program and new resident orientation
- Logistics & scheduling
- Compliance & Reporting
UCSF's Temporary Employment Program (TEP) recruits and hires temporary employees for immediate clerical and technical support services to UCSF Departments and various off-campus locations. UCSF departments deploy temporary employees to work on special projects, fill in for regular employees who are on vacation or leave, or to temporarily fill a vacant position during recruitment. Frequently temporary employees become successful candidates for career and limited appointment positions.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with online research and database management. Must possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce written work in English
- Demonstrated administrative/office management skills
- Ability to record and distribute detailed meeting minutes
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Work, Outlook, and working knowledge of Access
- High school graduation and four years of related administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in an academic department, residency-training program, or a comparable higher education program
- Bachelor's degree in a related field i.e. social issues, public or business administration
- Prior related UC experience
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
004722 BLANK AST 3
Administrative Support, Education, Support Services, Temporary Employment
Teamsters Local 2010 - Clerical and Allied Services Unit (CX)
Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG)
Additional Shift Details
M-F 8am to 5pm
Chief, Ucsf Division Of Nephrology (Zsfg) , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 17 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (ZSFG) (JPF03897) Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (ZSFG) Apply now to Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (Z...
Behavioral Science Faculty , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 18 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Behavioral Science Faculty (JPF03936) Behavioral Science Faculty Apply now to Behavioral Science Faculty Job #JPF03936 Family & Community Medicin...
In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions Department Of Epidemiology And Biostatistics , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 18 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions - Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (JPF03933) In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions - D...
Medical Director For Kidney Transplant , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 17 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Medical Director for Kidney Transplant (JPF03909) Medical Director for Kidney Transplant Apply now to Medical Director for Kidney Transplant Job ...
Director Of The Laboratory For Genomics Research Adjunct Or In Residence Series , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 18 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Director of the Laboratory for Genomics Research - Adjunct or In-Residence Series (JPF03914) Director of the Laboratory for Genomics Research - A...
Research Scientist , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 17 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Research Scientist (JPF03895) Research Scientist Apply now to Research Scientist Job #JPF03895 Medicine / SCHOOL OF MEDICINE / UC San Francisco A...