Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 41545
Position Number: D96703
The Executive Director is responsible for managing and leading Oregon MESA. This is a 1.0 FTE, unranked, fixed term academic appointment, and is excluded from the AAUP bargaining unit. The position is supervised by the Associate Dean of MCECS. The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Oregon MESA's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Oregon MESA Advisory Board provides guidance and support to this position. The Executive Director manages a $1.1 million budget and a program serving 40+ schools statewide. The Executive Director supervises four full-time staff members: the Programs & Operations Coordinator, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator, the Education Coordinator, and Outreach & Engagement Coordinator.
The Oregon MESA Executive Director has responsibility for program and fiscal management, operations and strategic planning, building partnerships, external relations, marketing and communications, working with the advisory board and supervision of Oregon MESA staff in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Deep commitments to MESA's mission of advancing equity in STEM through removing barriers, and working to deconstruct systems of oppression.
- Master's degree
- At least 5 years of senior management experience with a track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff. Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Experience with fundraising and building partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with equity- and justice-oriented organizations
- Experience supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience with STEM and/or invention.
- Ability to travel in and out of state and to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate an existing board
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, sense of humor, mission-driven, and self-directed
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Collaborative, humble and charismatic
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Portland State University
Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation's most livable cities, the University's innovative approach to education combines academic rigor in the classroom with field-based experiences through internships and classroom projects with community partners. The University's 49-acre downtown campus exhibits Portland State's commitment to sustainability with green buildings, while many of the 124 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees incorporate sustainability into the curriculum. PSU's motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City," inspires the teaching and research of an accomplished faculty whose work and students span the globe. PSU seeks talented individuals who understand our values and strategic goals and enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating in an environment of mutual respect to achieve those values and goals. We are committed to leading through engagement and seek individuals who support this strategy. Engagement describes Portland State's collaborative approach to the exchange of knowledge and resources with local, regional, national, and global partners for mutual benefit of students, faculty, and the community. As a component of the Diversity Action Plan and the President's... Strategic Mission of achieving global excellence, Portland State University strives to become an institution that is recognized nationally and internationally for the accomplishments of its faculty, the reputation of its programs, and the preparation of it students as world citizens. For more information visit http://www.pdx.edu/about-portland-state
Connections working at Portland State University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Clinical Professor, Open Rank, University of Oregon, United States, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:532912 Work type:Faculty - Career Location:Portland, OR Categories:Athletics, Child Development, Education, Research/Scientific/Grants, Sociology, Psychology, Diversity, Equity, a...
Oregon Executive Mba Career Instructor And Capstone Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:532937 Work type:Faculty - Career Location:Portland, OR Categories:Business Administration/Management, Executive/Management/Director, Instruction Department: Oregon Executive MBA ...
Associate Professor Of Sports Product Design And Director Of The Masters Program In Sports Product Design, University of Oregon, United States, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:532700 Work type:Faculty - Tenure Track Location:Portland, OR Categories:Architecture/Art/Design, Instruction Department: DSGN School of Art & Design Rank: Associate Professor Ann...
Archaeologist I, AECOM, United States, 16 days ago
Company Description Work with Us. Change the World. At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transformi...
Community Service Officer, University of Oregon, United States, about 9 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532920 Work type:Classified Staff, UOPD Location:Portland, OR Categories:Other, Police Department: University of Oregon Police Department Classification: Campus Sec/Public Sfty Of...
Principal Technical Consultant, Archaeologist (Principal Level), Environmental Resources Management, United States, 16 days ago
Principal Technical Consultant, Archaeologist (Principal Level) page is loaded Principal Technical Consultant, Archaeologist (Principal Level) Apply locations Irvine, California Bellingham, Washin...