Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified individuals will be selected to fill available positions. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The College of Medicine, Hoxworth Blood Center is recruiting an Assistant Field Manager in the Donor Services Division. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all our activities.
Saving lives is no easy task, but at Hoxworth Blood Center, it's what we do every day and we're looking for positive, professional individuals to join our team and help advance our lifesaving mission. If you're a detail-oriented individual with experience in customer service, an interest in the field of medicine, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of others, then we invite you to apply for a position at Hoxworth Blood Center.
This position requires friendly, patient, reliable individuals that will be responsible for assisting in leading a team taking vital signs, performing venipuncture, and providing post-donation care for our community of volunteer blood donors. As the Assistant Field Manager, you will fill in for Field Managers with taking charge of the entire operation in their absence. Experience in customer service and phlebotomy is ideal; previous supervisory/leadership experienced, excellent communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work a flexible schedule are essential. This position offers opportunities for career advancement, mentorship, and continued education.
- Assist in monitoring operations to ensure high quality customer service and quality assurance compliance; evaluate recruitment and collection goals and necessary steps to reach the goal.
- Perform special donation procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as Hoxworth Blood Center Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Serve as process improvement liaison; perform in-process checks; collect and disseminate process data and reports; participate in quality improvement teams.
- Act as role model through demonstration of professionalism for donor services staff (i.e., fulfilling Hoxworth Blood Center mission, providing donor care, dress code, attendance, etc.).
- Assist administration staff with implementing changes to the organization.
- Recommend and provide training to donor services staff. Assign work; ensure proper workflow of the unit; act as lead worker.
- Serve as site supervisor in the absence of the Field Manager.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in healthcare management or related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Five (5) years related phlebotomy experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
One (1) year supervisory and/or staff training/mentoring experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Talking - Continuously
- Standing - Continuously
- Walking - Continuously
- Bending - Continuously
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Continuously
- Stooping - Often
- Climbing stairs/ladders - Often
- Pulling, pushing - Often
- Kneeling, squatting - Seldom
- Crouching - Seldom
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
- Lifting - up to 50 pounds - Seldom
- Lifting - over 50 pounds - Seldom
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Radiology Technologist Ambulatory Pain Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Radiology Technologist - Ambulatory - Pain Medicine( Job Number: 068369) Description Title: Radiology Techologist Location: Cincinnati - 222 Piedmont Avenue Department: Pain Medicine Hours: 32/wee...
Staffing Coordinator Uc Medical Center Nursing Operations, UC Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Staffing Coordinator - UC Medical Center - Nursing Operations( Job Number: 065037) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward ou...
Electronics Specialist Uc Medical Center Plant Operations, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Electronics Specialist - UC Medical Center - Plant Operations( Job Number: 068350) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward ou...
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Uc Medical Center Internal Medicine, UC Health, United States, 18 days ago
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - UC Medical Center - Internal Medicine( Job Number: 068222) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating to...
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Uc Medical Center Emergency Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 7 hours ago
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - UC Medical Center - Emergency Medicine( Job Number: 068604) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating t...
Assistant Director Cicip Program Uc Health Business Center Cicip Administration, UC Health, United States, about 8 hours ago
Assistant Director- CICIP Program- UC Health Business Center - CICIP Administration( Job Number: 068103) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians c...