Bureau of Child Research
The University of Kansas Life Span Institute is seeking a Director, Visual Arts and Communication to contribute to SWIFT Education Center’s (swiftschools.org) research-to-practice agenda to advance equity, social justice and other culturally relevant reforms through systemic transformations of schools and the communities they serve.
- Independently coordinates an education program from inception to final presentation addressing complex and dynamic equity, social justice, and other culturally relevant issues in order to help steer SWIFT Education Center Executive Leaders and multiple workgroups that support multi-million dollar sponsored projects.
- Conducts research on industry and societal trends pertaining to equity, social justice, and other culturally relevant issues; and curates content and resources to guide Center strategies and activities.
- Collaborates with the Center’s professional learning and creative teams to envision, conceptualize or translate concepts into visual designs; and develop content for sponsored projects that provide professional learning to school systems and communities as well as messaging for marketing initiatives, and awareness campaigns.
- Develops creative materials through graphic design and layout of online and print materials, selecting/editing photos, managing production processes, and contributing to branding/identity strategies for print and digital marketing initiatives, awareness campaigns, and sponsored projects’ knowledge-based products, assessment tools, and other materials that promote the Center’s research-to-practice agenda.
- Collaborates with teammates on the Development and Project Operations team as needed to achieve Center objectives.
This work will be performed under the supervision of the Associate Director of Development & Project Operations, Kari Woods. This position is allowed to utilize a flexible work schedule as approved by the supervisor.
Due to COVID restrictions, this position will begin teleworking and may transition to a combination of telework and on-site work when deemed safe and necessary.
- 30% Collaborate with SWIFT professional learning and creative teams to define marketing initiatives, awareness campaigns, and sponsored project products.
- 30% Develop and support the development of creative materials and products.
- 20% Conduct research, coordinate and serve as the equity, social justice, and cultural relevancy educator for individual Center leaders and workgroups.
- 20% Collaborate with teammates on the Center’s Development and Project Operations team, and perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete online application includes a cover letter, a resume, a list of 3 professional references, and a website/URL link to portfolio of visual works. The portfolio link can be included in your resume, cover letter, or in a separate document uploaded with your online application.
Application deadline is September 28th. For first consideration, please apply before that date.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Wildlife Sales Technician – Lawrence, Ks, Critter Control of Kaw Valley, United States, 28 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCritter Control of Kaw ValleyLocationLawrence, KSJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryStarting at $12/hr plu...
Wildlife Sales Technician – Lawrence, Ks, Critter Control of Kaw Valley, United States, 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCritter Control of Kaw ValleyLocationLawrence, KSJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryHourly wage based on e...
Wildlife Technician – Lawrence, Ks, Critter Control of Kaw Valley, United States, 3 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCritter Control of Kaw ValleyLocationLawrence, KSJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$10.00 - $20.00/per ho...