The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law seeks a creative, energetic, and collaborative professional to serve as the Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
The Director will lead the collaborative effort of the law school’s faculty, staff, and students to provide an engaging inclusive and student-focused environment. The Director will focus on advising and supporting students from groups historically underrepresented in law schools and in the legal profession. This person will report to the Dean of Students.
- Provide institutional support for students on issues of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, religious intolerance, and discrimination related to other diversity issues.
- Advise and support the law student affinity groups. Support the Admissions Office’s efforts to recruit and retain a diverse class.
- Consider diversity and inclusion issues throughout the law school, including opportunities to discuss issues of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Meet one-on-one and in groups with students. Serve as a resource for faculty and staff on issues related to diversity and inclusion.
- Support Dean’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ensure diversity goals and initiatives are integrated in the law school community, including marketing efforts, recruitment and other strategic objectives and matters.
- Hold office hours and create a process for airing and responding to issues of concern
- Help facilitate Cardozo and New York City mentoring programs and diversity job opportunities and fellowships
Experience and Educational Background:
- J.D. degree from an A.B.A. approved law school preferred; graduate degree in higher education administration, counseling, education, business or related fields will also be considered.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in and capacity for working with students; experience working in a higher education setting in the areas of academic counseling, conflict resolution or similar administrative, teaching, academic assistance, or practice experience;
- Prior experience with a broad range of client interactions, including, at minimum, racial, ethnic, religious, geographic, sexual identity, gender identity and socio-economic status diversity.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, alumni, staff, legal professionals and the general public;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and with a variety of constituents, establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to envision, identify, develop and implement systems, policies, training and programs to foster a healthy and inclusive law school community;
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgement and decision-making skills.
Administrative Coordinator Legal, New York University, United States, 9 days ago
Serve as business and operational administrator in the Office of General Counsel ensuring the management and timely onboarding and payment of service providers for the division and other administr...
Security Officer, Columbia University, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Security Officer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 096813 Department 1206- FAC Public Safety 1216- FAC Pub Saf MV Operations Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Reg...
Program Coordinator, Columbia University, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 096943 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit ...
Nutrition Sr. Administrative Assistant Oriskany, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 10 hours ago
The Nutrition Sr. Administrative Assistant provides a high level of clerical and administrative support for the Nutrition Team and the Association. This position is responsible for providing a wid...
Executive Director Of Gift Planning, New York University, United States, 4 days ago
The Executor Director of Gift Planning will oversee the University's planned giving program, providing leadership and direction to the planned giving team. This is a leadership role in ensuring th...
Camp Nurse, Suffolk County Farm, Yaphank, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 10 hours ago
The Camp Nurse is responsible for implementing all medical requirements described in the camp safety plan submitted to the Suffolk County Department of Health and insuring compliance with all appl...