The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law seeks a creative, energetic, and collaborative professional to serve as the Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
The Director will lead the collaborative effort of the law school’s faculty, staff, and students to provide an engaging inclusive and student-focused environment. The Director will focus on advising and supporting students from groups historically underrepresented in law schools and in the legal profession. This person will report to the Dean of Students.
- Provide institutional support for students on issues of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, religious intolerance, and discrimination related to other diversity issues.
- Advise and support the law student affinity groups. Support the Admissions Office’s efforts to recruit and retain a diverse class.
- Consider diversity and inclusion issues throughout the law school, including opportunities to discuss issues of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Meet one-on-one and in groups with students. Serve as a resource for faculty and staff on issues related to diversity and inclusion.
- Support Dean’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ensure diversity goals and initiatives are integrated in the law school community, including marketing efforts, recruitment and other strategic objectives and matters.
- Hold office hours and create a process for airing and responding to issues of concern
- Help facilitate Cardozo and New York City mentoring programs and diversity job opportunities and fellowships
Experience and Educational Background:
- J.D. degree from an A.B.A. approved law school preferred; graduate degree in higher education administration, counseling, education, business or related fields will also be considered.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in and capacity for working with students; experience working in a higher education setting in the areas of academic counseling, conflict resolution or similar administrative, teaching, academic assistance, or practice experience;
- Prior experience with a broad range of client interactions, including, at minimum, racial, ethnic, religious, geographic, sexual identity, gender identity and socio-economic status diversity.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, alumni, staff, legal professionals and the general public;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and with a variety of constituents, establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to envision, identify, develop and implement systems, policies, training and programs to foster a healthy and inclusive law school community;
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgement and decision-making skills.
Clarke Professorship & Directorship Cornell Law School, Cornell University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Law School -CLARKE [#11489, WDR-00008408] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14850, United States [map ] Subject Ar...
Associate Director, Graduate Affairs, New York University, United States, 23 days ago
Support Director, Graduate Affairs with the development, implementation and assessment of policies and programs that enhance the educational experiences for the diverse student population who enro...
Director Of Externships And Field Based Learning, Columbia University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Director of Externships and Field-Based Learning Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 094116 Department 5510- LAW Academic Department: Law Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Tim...
Assistant Director Of Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program, Columbia University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director of Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 094135 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type...
Assistant Director Of Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program, Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Assistant Director of Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 094226 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type...
Financial Aid Officer, Columbia University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title FINANCIAL AID OFFICER Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 094063 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If ...