The Director of Undergraduate Recruiting recruits undergraduate students according to School of Business goals in terms of enrollment growth, student quality, and diversity. Duties include interacting daily and building relationships with prospective students, their families, and high school/community college counselors, managing correspondence and communications, planning and executing off-campus and on-campus recruiting events, and managing the Student Ambassador Program. The position is also responsible for evaluating and interpreting data to evaluate outcomes and guide recruitment strategies.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, benefits eligible, regular appointment with supervisory responsibilities. Position is based in Capitol Federal Hall on the Lawrence campus but requires travel throughout the region.
60% Recruitment strategy and management: Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive recruitment strategy to support the School of Business strategic growth plans and enrollment goals. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with KU Admissions, Dean’s Office, Student Advising Services, and other KU staff and units to develop and implement strategies to identify a deep undergraduate applicant pool and attract students consistent with School of Business objectives regarding enrollment growth, student quality, and diversity.
- Develop annual marketing and recruitment plan for the School of Business incorporating available data, tools, and technologies.
- Collaborate with university and school-based marketing and communications staff to identify and publicize points of distinction/differentiation to students and their families.
- Identify prospective student leads, recognize affinity, cultivate relationships with students and families, and maximize communication effectiveness to convert students from the interest/inquiry stage to enrollment.
- Assist directors of enrichment programs such as the Business Leadership Program (BLP) and Multicultural Business Scholars Program (MBSP) to identify and recruit prospective students.
- Exercise judgment in the allocation of School of Business financial resources, including adherence to unit budget.
40% Recruitment event planning and execution – Oversee, manage and actively participate in programs focused on recruiting students to the KU School of Business undergraduate program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Undergraduate Admissions Office, travel and represent School of Business at off-campus KU recruitment events and college fairs.
- In collaboration with Undergraduate Admissions Office, plan and manage on-campus visit experiences to differentiate KU and the School of Business. Lead on-campus recruitment functions such as Junior Days, Senior Days, Transfer Visit Days, Scholar Days, and prospective student visits. Assist with planning and hosting of targeted recruitment events.
- Inform prospective students, families, and college counselors regarding admission requirements, academic program selection, degree requirements, transfer course policies, scholarship and financial aid opportunities and eligibility, housing, and residency requirements.
- Present to individual students and families, as well as groups of prospective students, families, and other stakeholders.
- Hire, train, coach, and evaluate School of Business Ambassador Program.
- Provide direct supervision and professional development of recruitment staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Associate Dean.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application requires: 1) on-line application; 2) current resume; 3) a cover letter; 4) complete contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins on June 27, 2019. To ensure priority consideration, apply before the review date.
Advertised Salary Range
Competitive, based on experience
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M-F 8-5; with periodic evenings and weekends
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Associate Director For Research, American Geophysical Union, United States, about 15 hours ago
Associate Director for Research Kansas Geological Survey The Kansas Geological Survey at the University of Kansas is seeking an Associate Director for Research The Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) s...
Applied Geophysicist Assistant Professor, American Geophysical Union, United States, 4 days ago
The Department of Geology at the University of Kansas seeks applications for a 9-month, tenure-track, faculty position in the broad field of Applied Geophysics. We seek an outstanding colleague wh...