Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The University of Cincinnati (UC), Department of Athletics seeks applications for a Director of Sports Psychology (Staff Clinician). Reporting to the Head Team Physician , the position will provide assessment, treatment planning, psychological counseling and mental health services to student-athletes while following University of Cincinnati and departmental policies, NCAA Division I, and Conference bylaws and regulations. The successful candidate will also provide guidance, education and resources to departmental staff and coaches with the purpose of building a supportive community that drives student-athlete academic success and well-being.
We invite an early-career or mid-career level mental health clinician to apply for this opportunity. We seek a generalist with well-developed clinical skills and significant experience and interest in outreach and community engagement.
- Provide direct clinical counseling services to university students .
- Plan and coordinate psychological/counseling programs at the University.
- Consult with other professionals and organizational units regarding counseling needs.
- Develop and provide outreach to students, faculty, and staff. Serve as liaison for counseling center to the university community and community agencies.
- Plan and supervise the practicum of graduate clinical students, residents, or other trainees assigned.
- Participate in training program(s) within the counseling center.
- Develop and coordinate programs within the counseling center.
- Collect data, create reports and proposals for program coordination.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Represent the department on committees.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling, or Doctorate Degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD).
- Must be independently licensed or licensed eligible as a psychologist, social worker, or clinical counselor in the State of Ohio, with the ability to supervise in their discipline.
- License must be achieved within six (6) months of date of employment.
Three (3) years of clinical experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- The successful candidate will have had experience and a high comfort level applying best-practices as outlined within the NCAA: "Interassociation Consensus Document: Understanding and Supporting Student-Athlete Mental Wellness MENTAL HEALTH BEST PRACTICES.
- Earned degree from an accredited university
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity within an organization, team, and campus environment
- Knowledge of some electronic health record programs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited program.
- Pre-doctoral internship from an APA accredited internship training site.
- Experience in a university counseling center may include a background in practicum, internship, or fellowship.
- Experience providing brief individual therapy to international, historically underrepresented, and underserved college populations.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and desire to collaborate in a multidisciplinary setting. The ability to manage a challenging caseload's professional demands while maintaining good self-care and positive and healthy perspectives.
- Experience in University level relationships with athletes "sports psychology" about performance, disordered eating, team relationships, coaching relationships, and inter-personnel relationships.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include a cover letter of interest and a current CV/Resume. All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section in the application. Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Hvac Technician Uc Medical Center Mechanical Services, UC Health, United States, about 19 hours ago
HVAC Technician - UC Medical Center - Mechanical Services( Job Number: 067933) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our co...
Lab Technician Uc Medical Center Phlebotomy (Prn), UC Health, United States, 5 days ago
Lab Technician - UC Medical Center - Phlebotomy (PRN)( Job Number: 068421) Description Title: Lab Technician Location: UC Medical Center Department: Phlebotomy Shift: Varies, PRN Hours: Varies, PR...
Gme Program Coordinator Uc Physicians Ob/Gyn Residency Program, UC Health, United States, about 19 hours ago
GME Program Coordinator - UC Physicians - OB/GYN Residency Program( Job Number: 068025) Description Title: GME Program Coordinator - OB/GYN Residency Program Location: 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincin...
$25,000 Sign On Bonus Surgical Technologist Uc Medical Center Operating Room, UC Health, United States, about 20 hours ago
$25,000 Sign On Bonus - Surgical Technologist - UC Medical Center - Operating Room( Job Number: 067660) Description Title: Surgical Technologist Location: UC Medical Center Department: Operating R...
Financial Counselor Uc Medical Center Inpatient Business Office, UC Health, United States, about 19 hours ago
Financial Counselor- UC Medical Center- Inpatient Business Office( Job Number: 066925) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating towar...
Radiology Technologist Ambulatory Pain Medicine, UC Health, United States, about 20 hours ago
Radiology Technologist - Ambulatory - Pain Medicine( Job Number: 068369) Description Title: Radiology Techologist Location: Cincinnati - 222 Piedmont Avenue Department: Pain Medicine Hours: 32/wee...