Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Division of Advancement and Alumni Engagement utilizes resources, technology, and business for the purpose of soliciting alumni, donor engagement, donor research, and stewardship throughout Emory University and Health Systems. Our mission is to inspire and steward meaningful, lasting relationships that elevate engagement and giving to fulfill Emory’s mission to serve humanity. The Pipeline Optimization team supports the Advancement and Alumni Engagement division by identifying major funders for university initiatives, providing research, overseeing portfolio management, and proposal management. This position will report to the Executive Director of Pipeline Optimization.
- Performs high level, in-depth research and wealth analysis on international prospects and donors for the purposes of ratings, working with confidential as well as publicly accessible information, with a view to assessing donor interest and viability.
- Uses in house and external resources to identify and qualify new prospects.
- Interprets biographical and complex financial information on individuals, corporations and foundations based on fundraising strategies and objectives.
- Analyzes complex financial disclosure documents, real estate, and other wealth indicators for the purpose of determining accurate University
- Capacity Ratings.
- Keeps abreast of current events, philanthropic trends and Emory's fundraising objectives.
- Support various fundraisers across the university as assigned.
- Collaborates on the design and implementation of prospect identification projects with the goal of significantly increasing the university's international prospect pool.
- Develops processes and implements systems for providing due diligence research to various departments across the University with the goal of mitigating risk and protecting the institution from potential harm.
- Performs in-depth analysis of complex legal and financial information on prospective donors and volunteers and prepares high quality reports through the lens of due diligence.
- Conceptualizes and develops proactive methodologies to support fundraising objectives, and create communications that assess prospects, evaluating organizational risk.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of related experience in higher education, development, fundraising, healthcare, or in a non-profit institution.
- Successful candidates will possess extensive experience managing projects, budgets, and financial reports, working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with mass email applications, project management software, and CRM systems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading teams, working independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the ability to work collaboratively.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Development Manager, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Development and Alumni Relations Create tremendous social and health impact through building strategic donor relationships Full-time appointment on an ongoing basis Base salary range: Level 8 $103...
Development Assistant, Major Gifts, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, about 1 hour ago
24-Mar-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 61824BR Job Summary This position will be based on our campus in Cambridge, MA, in a hybrid environment. Alumni Aﬀairs and Development (AA&D) comprises t...
Vice Chancellor , Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) ;, Pakistan, 10 days ago
LUMS is a private, not-for-profit comprehensive university that has become one of South-Asia’s top academic institutions and Pakistan’s leading research-intensive universities. LUMS collectively o...
Business Process Analyst, Harvard University, United States, about 13 hours ago
24-Mar-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 61963BR Position Description ADVANCEMENT SOLUTIONS: Advancement Solutions sits at the intersection of the rapidly evolving landscapes of business program...
Director, Alumni Relations And Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi Advancement & Philanthropy, New York University, United Arab Emirates, 21 days ago
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi reporting jointly to the Associate Vice Chanc...
Manager, Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab Policy, Middle East And North Africa, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Reports to: Director, J-PAL Policy and Training Purpose: The job holder will play a key role in developing partnerships with governments, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), and donors to supp...