- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science seeks a Director of Outreach Programs who will design, implement, maintain, and coordinate (1) the School's Educational Outreach Program, (2) the School's Community Outreach Program and (3) programs and activities supporting faculty and students in developing outreach and broader impact components of research and education proposals. The goal of Outreach Programs is to provide traditionally underserved or underrepresented students in K-12 schools with access to opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, to collaborate with community stakeholders to enhance community services using engineering innovations, and to support faculty and students in developing new programs and writing proposals that involve educational and community outreach.
- (30%) Design, implement, and coordinate Educational Outreach programs, including but not limited to providing access to research, training, and educational programs in SEAS for students and teachers from K-12 schools in the neighborhood and the NYC region, programs for SEAS faculty and students to visit and conduct outreach activities at K-12 schools, and summer educational programs at SEAS for high school students. Develop and maintain close relation with principals, leaders, and teachers in K-12 schools in the community. Works collaboratively with faculty and students engaged in outreach efforts and support them in implementation and delivery.
- (25%) Design, implement, and coordinate Community Outreach programs, including but not limited to collaborative programs with stakeholders in the university neighborhood (Morningside, Harlem, Manhattanville, and Washington Height) in applying research and educational innovations from SEAS to enhance services or foster entrepreneurship in the community, programs to support faculty and students in participating in community service activities, support for faculty and students in developing community service plans for research and educational proposals, and development of guidelines and best practices in engaging community.
- (25%) Support faculty and students in planning and developing educational and community outreach components required for new research and educational proposals. Assist faculty in brainstorming, planning, coordinating, and generating proposal components related to outreach and broader impact. Support faculty in post award launching, implementation, and evaluation of outreach programs.
- (10%) Best practices and data management: collects, organizes, and analyzes data generated from outreach activities and keep the best practice plans in place for future planning and proposal development. Generate regular reports, summaries, and overviews for outreach programs of the School.
- (5%)Cost accounting and reporting of all expenditures supported by internal funding or external grants.
- (5%) Other administrative and departmental duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in education, community development, or related field, and 4-6 years experience. Advanced degree desirable. A degree in science or engineering and experience in outreach programs preferred.
Project management and cost accounting skills necessary. Must be able to multitask; remain organized; and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Strong knowledge and experience in community outreach and organizing; fluency in community engagement a must. A demonstrated commitment to diversity and serving diverse constituents is required.
Strong skills and experience in developing and writing proposals involving outreach and commitment engagement.
Ability to travel regularly on campus and within the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Information Technology Specialist, Yeshiva University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Summary: The Information Technology Specialist provides training and support on technology and content integration to the high school. The employee assists with identifying and acquiring...
Assistant Director, Graduate Programs, New York University, United States, about 22 hours ago
The Division of Programs in Business (DPB) in the School of Professional Studies (SPS) seeks an individual to serve as the Assistant Director of graduate degree programs for the Integrated Marketi...
Director Of Outreach And Alumni Engagement, Cornell Tech, Cornell University, United States, 15 days ago
Cornell Tech is looking for a Director of Outreach and Alumni Engagement to join the Alumni Affairs & Development division . This position will sit on the Cornell Tech Campus. The Director of Outr...
Director, Bookstore Contract Services & Operations, New York University, United States, 28 days ago
The Director, Bookstore Contract Services & Operations will: - Oversee, direct, and manage NYU’s Bookstore operations and the contractual relationship with the vendors who provides services for th...
Data Engineer, New York University, United States, 16 days ago
The Data Engineer will be responsible for: a) integrating and transforming database applications and web service application programs interfaces (APIs) through innovative strategies to support ope...
Beaver River After School Program Coordinator Beaver Falls, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 15 days ago
This position will serve as the Beaver River After School Program Coordinator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County in support of the 21st Century Community Learning Ce...