Job TitleDirector of Marketing and Communication
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentSOM Finance Centralized
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Director of Marketing and Communication to serve as a member of the School of Medicine. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of marketing and communications experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Description Summary: The Director of Marketing and Communications, under general direction, plans and implements a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the School of Medicine. Promotes advancement of department or member by enhancing name recognition and public perception through strategic marketing channels.
- Bachelors' degree in Marketing, Communications or another applicable field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Proven ability to communicate in a purposeful and effective manner with multiple constituents.
- Excellent communication, strategic, and creative skills. • Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team of communication professionals.
- Experience in dealing with diverse individuals and communities.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the school, university, affiliate partners, and external constituents.
- Proven expertise in planning and executing operational plans, managing projects and/or programs, budgeting, and cost control
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communication, or other applicable fields.
- Texas A&M University System or other higher education or medical education experience.
- Experience in healthcare, clinical marketing, or operations.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of marketing in a healthcare, clinical, or hospital setting.
- Experience with Texas A&M University System or other higher education environments.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
Strategic Marketing and Communications:
- In collaboration with school leadership, directs the creation and implementation of comprehensive marketing and communications efforts, including overseeing all college news, marketing, and communications pieces, online presence, advertising content, personnel, and event promotion aimed at generating visibility for the School of Medicine’s strategic goals and educational, clinical, research, service, and outreach activities.
- Provides executive advice and counsel on communication and marketing issues, such as internal and external communications, crisis response, and long-term strategies to increase the visibility and reputation of the School of Medicine.
- Partners and collaborates with members of the Texas A&M Health/Health Science Center (HSC) and Texas A&M University marketing and communications team to ensure brand compliance, professionalism, policy, and message alignment.
- Ensures marketing and communications support for internal and external events, awards, and school-level donor and former student efforts.
- In partnership with academic technology, A&M and the HSC, coordinate internal and external communications systems, policies, and procedures for the School of Medicine.
- Represents the school as a member of marketing and communications-related committees and groups. Establishes and maintains strong and cooperative relationships with administrators, campus and community leaders, and representatives of communications media and governmental organizations.
- Provide resources and training to school staff and faculty regarding communications and marketing best practices for social media, development of media, promotional activities, etc.
- Lead, manage and develop a professional staff responsible for a full range of marketing and communication functions, including marketing, publications, product development and approval, graphics, web development, public and media relations, and internal and external communications.
- Monitor, review, and enhance staff and workflow procedures, guiding greater professionalism, quality, and efficiency.
- Provides effective stewardship of fiscal resources, including staffing, budget, vendors, purchasing, marketing, and communication expenditure recommendations.
- Researches, hires, works with, and otherwise facilitates third-party consultants and related services (e.g., web development, public relations strategy, media relations management and monitoring) in the course of developing.
- Tracks, reviews, and evaluates priority projects and campaign performance, gauging effectiveness and making necessary adjustments in consultation with the administration and communications team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at Texas A&M University may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Financial Accountant I Property & Fleet Management, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Financial Accountant I - Property & Fleet Management Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service Department Auxiliary Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College S...
Communications Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Communications Specialist III Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Jo...
User Experience Analyst, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title User Experience Analyst Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Communications Group Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Associate Director & Chief Scientific Officer, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Associate Director & Chief Scientific Officer Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Research Director Management Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station...
Public Relations Specialist, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Public Relations Specialist Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communications Proposed Minimum Salary $17.55 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Contract Specialist I, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Contract Specialist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Department Of Contract Administration Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...