Apply now Job no:533732
Work type:Management (MPP)
Categories:MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles . If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of University Advising and in consultation with the Dean of the College and as part of a team of College Directors, the Director of College Advising will advance the mission of the university, the colleges, and the Division of Academic Affairs by providing leadership in implementing the vision, goals, and objectives of the academic advising enterprise at CSUN. The incumbent is responsible for the overall management, direction, and implementation of academic advisement in the college’s Student Services Center/Educational Opportunity Program (SSC/EOP) Satellite.
- Serves as a member of the University Advising Council and will collaborate with central administrators, other Directors of College Advising, and student leaders on best practices and strategies in advisement, as well as ongoing professional development of college advisors.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates advising staff, ensures effective use of advising technologies, degree planning tools, regular use of data analytics, including disaggregated data, to drive priorities, and assists with University efforts to assess campus-wide academic advisement.
- Identifies opportunities to remove administrative barriers to student success and eliminate equity gaps, communicates and interprets CSU and University policies to faculty advising within the college, staff, and students, and communicates and coordinates services and activities with academic departments and entities.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description copy and paste this link into your browser: https://mycsun.box.com/s/mdlgzbsg0kqzptl8j90d5o5nys431bmk
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to two (2) years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- Additional experience in caseload advising as a CSU Student Services Professional (SSP) or equivalent highly preferred.
- Experience working with minoritized and other underserved communities, first-generation students and Pell-eligible students preferred.
- Experience in advising and related programming that helps close equity gaps among diverse student populations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Ability to: plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions; exercise considerable judgement and discretion in effectively establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships within diverse multicultural environments; quickly learn and apply a variety of CSU and CSUN policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements, and state and federal labor laws.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to: communicate verbally and in writing with clarity and proficiency.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $95,004 - $105,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid 4 days in office, 1 day remote; however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through November 28, 2023 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised:Nov 09, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close:Jan 11, 2024 (11:55 PM) Pacific Standard Time
Assistant Director, Government And Community Relations, California State University, Northridge, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 08-Feb-24 Location: Northridge, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Executive Provost/Vice President Internal Number: 5000595 Assistant Director, Government and Com...
Assistant Professor Of Screenwriting Department Of Ctva 24 58, California State University, Northridge, United States, 17 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Feb-24 Location: Northridge, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Arts/Humanities Internal Number: 5019224 Assistant Professor of Screenwriting -...
Part Time Pool Position Announcement Ay 2024 25, California State University, Northridge, United States, about 22 hours ago
Details Posted: 01-Mar-24 Location: Northridge, California Type: Part-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Arts/Humanities Internal Number: 5067107 Part-Time Pool Position Announcement C...
Veterans Affairs Certifying Official Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona, United States, 17 days ago
Details Posted: 13-Feb-24 Location: Pomona, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 5011785 Veterans Affairs Certifying O...
Native American Student Retention Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona, United States, 6 days ago
Details Posted: 25-Feb-24 Location: Pomona, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 5052566 Native American Student Reten...
Senior Coordinator, Male Success Initiative, Cal Poly Pomona, United States, 9 days ago
Details Posted: 22-Feb-24 Location: Pomona, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 5038735 Senior Coordinator, Male Succ...