NYU Shanghai seeks a Director of Center for Teaching and Learning. Reporting to the Provost of NYU Shanghai, the Director will spearhead and implement innovative programming focused on fostering excellence in teaching across disciplines in a diverse and multicultural setting. The director will oversee the center, identify the instructional needs of the institution and create programming to address those needs; and will coordinate with other University units including the Library’s Research and Instructional Technology Services Team, Academic Affairs, and IT on projects such as assessment, learning portfolios, LMS technology, and local and global learning community outreach. The Director will also work with other academic units in the NYU Global Network, particularly New York and Abu Dhabi.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provide training and support on innovative and effective pedagogy to a diverse group of faculty at different stages of their career and with varied levels of teaching experience;
- Create programs to address the specific pedagogical needs of internationally diverse students and faculty and foster ongoing conversions about inclusive teaching in a culturally diverse environment;
- Oversee the Center’s ongoing development and programming such as workshops, course development studios, consultations, syllabus reviews, classroom observations, mid-term student perceptions, learning communities, teaching talks, etc.;
- Work collaboratively with faculty, administration and various departments across the university to foster a learning community of teaching across disciplines;
- Work closely with the Library’s Research and Instructional Technology Services on hybrid and online learning design, technology supported pedagogy innovations and programs, and the new LMS rollout;
- Oversee the center's program budget;
- Oversee, and maintain the Center for Teaching and Learning’s website;
- Assist faculty and staff in teaching and related professional development activities;
- Collaborate with comparable programs at NYU’s other portal campuses in Abu Dhabi and New York;
- Contribute to programs assessing the quality of the educational and student experience at NYU Shanghai;
- Other duties as assigned.
- An earned MA in a relevant field.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience mentoring faculty in teaching;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other academic units and coordinate and manage complex projects with teams, particularly key units such as Academic Affairs, Research and Instructional Technology Services;
- Demonstrated engagement with the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- An interest and experience in teaching in a diverse, multilingual, multinational setting.
- An earned doctorate in a relevant field.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- Experience managing (at director or assistant director level) a teaching and learning center;
- Knowledge of language acquisition scholarship and practice, and experience mentoring disciplinary faculty who are working with multilingual populations;
- Experience working with faculty across disciplines (including STEM, business, humanities, social sciences, arts, writing, language);
- Experience working with assessment protocols in the U.S. and/or China.
Applications will be examined on a rolling basis; applications received by Jan 1, 2021 will receive a full review. First round interviews will be scheduled in January 2021, with the intention of naming a person to this position by the end of this academic year. The position is in Shanghai, China, and will begin in August 2021.
Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a cover letter and curriculum vitae. We will also ask finalists to supply at least three references.
About NYU Shanghai
NYU Shanghai is China’s first Sino-US research university and the third degree-granting campus of the NYU Global Network. We were founded in 2012 by New York University and East China Normal University with the support of the city of Shanghai and the district of Pudong. The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please feel free to follow our official WeChat Account: NYUShanghaiRecruit to get updated news. If you have any inquiries, please contact HR at email@example.com. Thank you!
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Translation , The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen ;, China, 3 days ago
School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for: Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Translation (Ref. AC2020/004/01) The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is ...
Assistant Professor/Lecturer In Aircraft/Airframe Design And Structures, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...
Assistant Professor In Supply Chain Management , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥541,469 £46,605.07 to £61,370.10 converted salary* pe...
Associate/Assistant Professor In Education , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥688,900 £47,065.61 to £78,851.49 converted salary* Cl...
Lecturer/Associate Professor /Assistant Professor, School Of Cultural Technology , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Lecturer/Associate Professor /Assistant Professor, School of Cultural Technology DEPARTMENT: School of Cultural Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Including Entertainment technology, events and proje...
Lecturer/Associate Professor /Assistant Professor, School Of Cultural Technology , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, 3 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Cultural Technology DEPARTMENT: School of Cultural Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Including Entertainment technology, events and project manageme...