The Director of Advancement Operations is responsible for leading a best-in-class Advancement Operations team that provides the infrastructure for Arcadia's alumni engagement and development operation. The Director will manage a proactive team to help maximize fundraising and constituent relation efforts by optimizing business processes, systems, and tools and providing timely, accurate analysis to support data-driven decision-making in anticipation and support of customer needs. The Director will drive innovative solutions to enhance the delivery of services to ensure accurate and timely recording of gifts and commitments in support of the University's fundraising mission. The Director will create and maintain a program of policies and procedures for the effective management and control of these functions, as well as develop training programs to ensure all members of the division have a solid understanding of resources and tools available to support the work of engagement. The director also serves as the compliance officer for these functions. The role requires strong managerial and motivational skills along with the ability to train, mentor, and provide best practice coaching for a current staff of four (with future departmental plans for growth to 7 contingent on fundraising achievement), and collaborative participation as a member of the UA leadership team. The director is responsible for the design and execution of the annual advancement operation plan that will help achieve the division's development and alumni engagement goals.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in the greater Philadelphia area that promises a distinctly global, integrative, and personal learning experience to prepare students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. A national leader in study abroad and international education, Arcadia has been named #1 in undergraduate study abroad participation for the ninth consecutive year by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report, and second for international programs by U.S. News and World Report. Approximately 3,900 students attend Arcadia, and the University’s 2,500 undergraduate students choose from more than 65 fields of study.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to those candidates that are selected for additional consideration.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter addressing, "Why Arcadia?", resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
The Director will have ultimate responsibility to:
- Maintain a rigorous and comprehensive database aligned with industry best practices.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of administrative staff and assign work priorities based on Advancement Office needs, including Board of Trustee meeting preparation.
- Serve as the individual or assign a designee to be the Blackbaud liaison for all software purchases, installations, updates, and overall maintenance.
- Train employees on all office procedures to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Oversee the receipt, processing, and acknowledgment of all donations to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversee Division calendar to ensure large solicitations are executed according to established office priorities.
- Manage a calendar of alerts to ensure that key annual solicitations/stewardship reports, which draw down support, are promptly submitted
- Lead implementation of WealthEngine, iModules or other tools integration.
- Ensure timely input of all constituent information to the database including event attendance, demographic updates, notes, strategy notes, and actions
- Oversee the production of reports, briefings, and collateral documentation.
- Act as primary liaison to Finance for accounting, reconciliation, and auditing purposes.
- Plan compilation of data and monthly reporting for dissemination to key stakeholders.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the VP for Development and Alumni Relations or a future AVP for Advancement Services
- Some evening and weekend work required as necessary to provide administrative support at UA events.
- Ensure proper recording of all fully executed gift agreements and their submission to Finance along with the corresponding fund application form.
Received: The Director of Advancement Operations will report to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations.
Given: The Director of Advancement Operations will supervise positions that support gift processing, research and database management, and future operations positions as the department grows.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong team-builder and team member who is goal-oriented, skilled in decision making, ethical, adept at data collection and analysis, and effective in oral and written communications.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and hold others accountable for their own areas of responsibility.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making and
- Possess encompassing knowledge of development practices, gift processing, gift accounting, timely gift posting, donor data processes, and fundraising techniques including current best practices in development, annual giving, database, and alumni engagement.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible professional experience with strong preference for candidates with previous fundraising database management experience in higher education or non-profit organizations.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
Assistant Director, University Advancement Communication Development Writer, Villanova University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's. Posting Details (Default Section) Posting Number: 20192310S Position Title: Assista...
Director Of Development , Chestnut Hill College, United States, 1 day ago
Purpose: Provide professional support to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA) in efforts to increase funds raised for the College through the launch of a new Campaign, increased...
Director, Penn Traditions, Student And Young Alumni Programming, University of Pennsylvania, United States, 14 days ago
University Overview The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League schoo...
Associate Director, Annual Giving (Prospects And Events), La Salle University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Position Overview Position Title Associate Director, Annual Giving (Prospects and Events) Department 414000 - Annual Fund Position Type Regular Position Classification Full-Time, ...
Associate Director, Prospect Research, La Salle University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Position Overview Position Title Associate Director, Prospect Research Department 410003 – Advancement Operations Position Type Regular Position Classification Full-Time, 12 month...
Assistant Director, University Advancement Communication, Villanova University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's. Posting Details (Default Section) Posting Number: 20192311S Position Title: Assista...