Application Types Accepted
Director Management Operations II-Clinical
# Hours Per Week
McGovern Medical School
The Director, Management Operations serves as chief business officer in the Children's Learning Institute (CLI) in the Medical School's Department of Pediatrics. CLI consists of a $37M operating budget, 17 faculty positions, 5 A&P, 150 classified, 165 casuals, 9 predoc & postdoc students, statewide research programs, the Dan L. Duncan Children's Neurodevelopmental Clinic, The Autism Center at CLI, and numerous products and services improving the lives of preschool children.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, implements, and controls operational, financial, administrative and philanthropic activities in the areas of education, research and clinical services. Prepares and interprets financial analyses to better support the department's mission.
- Designs and evaluates operational and financial models; prepares and implements business and strategic plans, and develops and maintains administrative infrastructure for efficient and financially sound operations. Identifies and develops entrepreneurial projects to fund research and/or teaching efforts in support of the Department and Medical School stated missions
- Develops, implements, and monitors budget for multiple funding sources and ensures budget compliance with grant, legislative or organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assists with the evaluation and preparation of grant proposals and budgets, monitors compliance with grant restrictions/regulations, and ensures appropriate reporting to granting agencies.
- Ensures faculty, staff, students and fellows understand compliance regulations and rules.
- Manages departmental facilities, procurement activities, equipment purchases, and equipment inventory. Oversees construction and/or renovation projects.
- Serves as key liaison with other UTHealth areas such as the Sponsored Projects, Accounting, Purchasing, Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Compliance, other medical school departments and external entities such as other state and federal agencies and professional organizations (Texas Education Agency, Texas Workforce Commission, Legislative Budget Board, McKesson, Memorial Hermann Hospital).
- Acts as a designated responsible party for financial reporting. Ensures accounts are reconciled in a timely manner, and that the adequate separation of duties are established and maintained and that any contingent liabilities are identified and adequately communicated to the university's central financial reporting personnel. Has an affirmative role to ensure that financial information for the department reflects actual results of operations.
- Manages contracts for professional services, processing contractual agreements, invoicing and collection activities to ensure a positive margin. Ensure recovery of the full costs of services provided.
- Manages Human Resource functions in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded; financial information is reliable and compliant with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serves on or leads various medical school, university or external professional committees. (CLI Executive Committee, CLI Space Committee, CLI Technology Committee, CLI Faculty Search Committee when applicable)
Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, Public Health Care Administration or related field with a minimum of seven years related experience preferably in an academic or healthcare administration setting. Advanced degree preferred.
Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students.
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years.
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic
This position will use radiation sources
Pre Employment Conditions
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only?
Does this position accept online applications?
This is a grant funded position
Would you like to refer a friend to this posting?
Copy and paste this link into an email and they will be a click away from a new opportunity!
Grants/Contracts Program Manager, University of Colorado, United States, 13 days ago
Grants/Contracts Program Manager - 11316 University Staff Description * Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical C...
Professional Assistant, Part Time, University of Colorado, United States, 21 days ago
Professional Assistant, Part-Time - 11262 University Staff Description Job Summary: This position provides administrative support to the Assistant Dean for Advancement in the School of Education. ...
Hr & Operations Coordinator, University of Colorado, United States, 13 days ago
Compliance Trainer - 11311 University Staff Description University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus Financial Services Compliance Trainer Position #669558 – Requisition 11311 * Applica...
Manager Of Reporting Systems, University of Colorado, United States, 21 days ago
Manager of Reporting Systems - 11242 University Staff Description The Office of University Controller (OUC) is responsible for managing the University’s system of record – the Financial System – a...
Manager Of Parking, Roads & Grounds Maintenance & Transportation, University of Colorado, United States, 13 days ago
Manager of Parking, Roads & Grounds Maintenance & Transportation - 11253 University Staff Description * Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * University of Co...
Program Assistant I, University of Colorado, United States, 13 days ago
Program Assistant I - 11352 University Staff Description * Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus School ...