The Director-Health Sciences Anatomy Lab will:
- Coordinate cadaver acquisition activity with state and local whole body donation programs:
- Organize and administer the Whole Body Donation program for Creighton University’s Health Sciecnes Campus
- Organize and administer the Knowledge Donor program with Dignity Health-St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center.
- Work with Basic Science-Anatomy faculty in all Phoenix Health Sciences Campus programs to prepare se t up cadavers for anatomy lab educational sessions.
- Ensure proper storage, management, and cremation of anatomy lab cadavers.
- Work with Phoenix Campus Health Sciences program leadership to develop, implement and coordinate educational activities condusive to the anatomy curriculum.
- Secure teaching specimens, equipment and supplies and set up the anatomy lab as necessary to offer an effective learning experience.
- Work with the School of Medicine’s Basic Science Chair and Assistant Dean for Medical Education and the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions Program/Clinical Department Chair regarding responsibilities related to the Health Sciences Campus.
- Work with Surgery Academic Chair and St. Joseph’s Hospital Surgery Department regarding responsibilities related to the Knowledge Donor Program
- Serve on Phoenix Health Sciences Campus committees as rquested.
- Bachelors degree (minimum) or Masters Degree(preferred). Degree in Mortuary Science preferred.
- Minimum of three years anatomy lab, coroner’s office, mortuary or other experience requiring direct work with cadavers.
- Minimum 3 years administrative or office management experience managing teams and/or leading projects with a track record of strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency skills in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong empathy and skills;
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
Ability to lead and train staff and/or students;
General knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting procedures;
Efficient and accurate record keeping skills; including ability to manage an electronic data base
Maintain confidentiality and discretion when communicating with donor’s family members
Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment;
Ability to self-initiate and coordinate/prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented environment;
Ability to work beyond normal business hours which hours which may include limited evening, holiday, and weekend work (when needed)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, throughout the day.
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 75 – 100%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 75 – 100 % (up to 50 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: Yes
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street, Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Part Time Faculty (Md, Do) Simulation Center Instructor (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 13 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Part-Time Faculty (MD, DO) - Simulation Center Instructor (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4318 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Part-Tim...
Engagement Manager, The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Engagement Manager Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4120 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Engagement Manager Posting Number req4120 Department All of Us Research Progr...
Research Data Support Specialist I, Aemrc (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Research Data Support Specialist I, AEMRC (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4176 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Research Data Support Sp...
Associate/Full Professor Science Of Health Care Delivery, Arizona State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
The Arizona State University’s College of Health Solutions (CHS) Science of Health Care Delivery program is seeking a full-time, 9-month tenure-eligible faculty member at the rank of Associate Pro...
Registration And Records Professional Iii (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 7 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Registration and Records Professional III (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4384 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Registration and Records...
Division Chief Of Infectious Disease (Associate/Full Professor) (Nte/Te/T), The University of Arizona, United States, 12 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Division Chief of Infectious Disease (Associate/Full Professor) (NTE/TE/T) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4344 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Division Chief of Inf...