Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Responsible for the management of university fire safety programs and activities to ensure that the organization complies with all regulatory requirements pertaining to fire safety and prevention within the Emory community, including the Atlanta, Oxford, Clairmont, and Grady campuses, as well as the Briarcliff property.
- Serves as the back-up on fire safety issues and calls pertaining to Emory Healthcare facilities.
- Serves as the primary liaison between county officials, insurance companies, accreditation teams, architects, engineers and designers pertaining to fire safety and prevention.
- Serves as the primary liaison for the State/County/Municipal Fire Marshall's Office. Develops a process to track, review, and approve all requests for fire systems to be disabled.
- Ensures that adequate fire watch is provided while any fire systems are offline and that system are returned to normal operating status. Reviews construction documents to ensure construction plans meet applicable Fire / Life Safety codes.
- Develops and implements protocols that ensures the successful completion of building inspections, fire drills, and the maintenance and testing of fire prevention equipment.
- Develops and implements fire safety and fire prevention education programs for the community. Investigates or assists other agencies in the investigation of fires.
- Provides managerial / administrative oversight (to include contract administration, service performance, and invoice approval) for all Fire System related vendor contracts/services provided at both the Emory and Oxford campuses.
- Provides managerial / administrative supervision for a small staff, including the Fire Safety Coordinator position and for other personnel when assigned to perform fire safety related services.
- Assists with emergency response to hazardous materials emergencies. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree in fire science, engineering, industrial hygiene, risk management, chemistry or a related field, and seven years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of the Life Safety Code, building codes, the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- PE License in Fire Protection is required. C
- ertification as a Hazardous Materials Response Technician, Fire Inspector, Public Fire/Life Safety Educator or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Personal computer skills.
- Eligibility to be deputized by the State of Georgia.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Expressions Of Interest New Zealand Diploma In Fire Engineering (Level 6), Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, about 18 hours ago
Expression of Interest: New Zealand Diploma in Fire Engineering (Level 6) Subject Matter Experts The Open Polytechnic is re-developing several courses as part of the New Zealand Diploma in Fire En...
Coastal Ecological Burn Coordinator: Mulitple Locations Available, North Carolina State Parks, United States, 10 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNorth Carolina State ParksLocationMulitple Locations AvailableJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$47,959 -...
General Maintenance Mechanic (Job Id: 43540), University of Louisville, United States, 10 days ago
Job ID: 43540 Location: Housing and Res Life Minimum Qualifications High School diploma or GED, and prior facilities work experience in housekeeping, maintenance and/or renovation work. Valid driv...
Administrative And Finance Manager, ForestWISE, Portugal, 21 days ago
ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory focused on fire and forest issues through the development of research, innovation and knowledge transfer and technology activities. Our goal is to increase...
Fleet Manager, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 20 days ago
Reports to: Director of Transportation Purpose: The jobholder is responsible for the overall fleet services operation, management of services, procurement of supplies and maintenance of fleet. T...
Cad Designer Mechanical Technician (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
Company Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most comp...