The Director of Employer Relations and Internships will be responsible for employer outreach for the School of Business at the University of Kansas. The Director will lead efforts to establish new relationships and actively build on existing relationships with businesses, corporations, and other industry partners to broaden internship and job opportunities for undergraduate business students. The Director will also provide strategic oversight of the undergraduate internship program. This individual should be a strong communicator and be self-motivated to initiate contacts and develop relationships quickly to achieve the successful launch of the new internship program. The Director will work closely with other School leadership members including the Director and other members of Business Career Services (BCS), and the Director of the Professionalism Program. Prior project, sales, business development, administrative, or related program management experience is required.
This is a full-time, professional staff, 12-month appointment, reporting directly to the Dean. The position requires time spent out of the office and travel (post Covid). The starting date is flexible, ranging from March 1 – July 1, 2021 and will be negotiated at time of offer considering the candidate needs, the program launch timeline, the amount of duties that can be performed virtually, and any pandemic travel restrictions.
70% Corporate Outreach and Employer relations: Develop and maintain strategic corporate/business relationships on behalf of the School of Business. Relationships should focus on building internship and employment opportunities for undergraduate business students. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Work in very close coordination with BCS Director and Recruiting & Employer Relations Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of the School of Business to effectively develop and manage high level strategic partners for KU held by the School of Business.
- Interact with various Business School Boards, and area workforce development groups.
- Conduct targeted outreach to attract new and desirable business relationships.
- Support new and existing partnerships by coordinating programs within the School of Business that interface with industry.
- Communicate business partner’s experience and training needs with Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs and other Business School staff and faculty in order to provide a top quality, agile, undergraduate student workforce pipeline.
- Represent the KU School of Business in the business community with regional Chambers of Commerce and professional industry groups.
- Interface with other units across campus to maximize KU offerings and student opportunities.
- Facilitate the School of Business Employer Advisory Council in consultation with Business Career Services.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Business Career Services operational procedures, including the ethics and policies for posting internships and full-time employment leads to HireJayhawks.com, in accordance with NACE (National Association of Colleges & Employers).
Envision, conceptualize, design, and develop policies, materials content, and/or activities for School of Business Undergraduate Internship Program. Initial responsibilities will be program development and launch; later responsibilities will focus on program assessments, analysis and modifications. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Establish and implement strategic direction of Internship Program.
- Develop and maintain internship program policies.
- Ensure best practices for internship services through ongoing research into best practices and professional development.
- Represent the internship program in the School, throughout the university and in professional settings.
- Collaborate with Director of Business Career Services and the Director of the Professionalism Program.
- Manage program budget, expenses, and metrics.
- Oversee the marketing and promotion of internship program to internal and external audiences.
- Provide program reporting to School leadership.
- May teach or supervise BUS 310 (Required Internship) instructors.
- Supervision of Internship Program staff (e.g. Internship Coordinator and Administrative Assistant)
Participate as an active member of Business School staff. Attend staff and/or faculty assemblies. Contribute to overall success of School mission. Complete other related duties as assigned.
Due to COVID restrictions, this position will begin teleworking and may transition to on-site work when deemed safe and necessary.
Contact Information to Applicants
Karl Kammerer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application requires: 1) on-line application; 2) current resume; 3) a cover letter; 4) complete contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins February 10, 2021 and will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is received.
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 25 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...