At Arizona State University, we measure ourselves not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed. In Admission Services, we are passionate about helping students find their right university fit and working together as a team to achieve our enrollment goals. If you are solution-oriented, love helping people, believe in the transformative power of higher education and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then you will thrive in Admission Services.
As a member of the first-year recruitment senior leadership team, and under direction of the Senior Director of Domestic and International Recruitment, this position is responsible for managing the assistant directors focused on campus-based recruitment efforts at Downtown, Polytechnic and West campuses, regional based recruiters in Northern Arizona and Tucson, as well as overseeing Arizona first-year student recruitment in assigned territories and coordinating relationships and programming for Arizona high school Counselors, school partners, community-based organizations and other key constituents. This position will work collaboratively with Financial Aid and Scholarship Services on strategic plans for financial education and student support.
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of Arizona State University and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to being successful in this role. The work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The role requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. The ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. While the role requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the organization and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$80,000 per year
- Represents Admission Services and serves on various department and university committees and maintains relationships with university partners for coordinated recruitment events.
- Manages assistant directors focused on campus-based recruitment efforts at Downtown, Polytechnic and West campuses for all populations and who serve as a contact for college relations on each campus.
- Serves as a representative of Arizona State University at state, regional and national organizations.
- Leads recruitment team progress towards goals, assigned tasks and duties, and conducts corrective action as required.
- Serve as representative for assigned territories and participate in select recruitment trips as necessary.
- Develops, maintains, and implements department policies and procedures.
- Proactively utilizes data from multiple sources (ASU data, College Board, ACT and others) to make strategic and efficient decisions about university outreach and recruitment.
- Assists in other related duties as assigned.
- Manage, supervise, train and evaluate assigned team comprised of Assistant Directors and Coordinators focused on first-year student recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
- Manage and direct regional based coordinators in Northern Arizona and Tucson to meet enrollment goals from those regions.
- Serve a lead resource regarding trends related to Arizona resident recruitment and sharing knowledge within admissions and the University community.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Aid and Scholarship Services providing strategic plans for financial education, information, presentations and student support in designated recruitment territories and special populations.
- Set the strategy for outreach programs to build and maintain synergies in building overall Arizona pipeline development, recruitment and enrollment funnels through all levels of secondary schools in Arizona.
- Set the strategy for outreach programs for community-based organizations in Arizona.
- Implement and track progress toward university recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Assist in developing Arizona recruitment plan and strategy ensuring the university is represented at all appropriate events including: college fairs, high school visits, and other designated events such as Tri-University, Financial Aid programs, school partners and community-based organization programming.
- Conduct trainings and meetings for admission team members related to Arizona, national, and international trends.
- Identify and resolves problems and issues impacting students and enrollment processes.
- Plans, directs, and reviews programming and activities as it pertains to high school administrators and other professional constituents to increase knowledge about the university and resources for students.
- Establishes strong working relationships with and develops communications for high school and other professional constituents.
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of Admission Services Recruitment Communication and Events Team on execution of events and programming for high school and professional constituents.
- Maintain and serve as key stakeholder for Admission Services database of high school and professional constituents.
- Prepare and coordinate reports and trends related to programming, events and data relating to high school and professional constituents.
- Serve as lead for state, ABOR and university initiatives as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in higher education recruitment practices and principles.
- Experience in principles, practices, and methods of admissions, marketing and enrollment.
- Experience promoting and marketing venues and events.
- Experience coordinating large scale events, programs and recruitment campaigns.
- Experience with effective management and supervisory practices.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience in strategic planning and decision-making principles and procedures.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. Frequent domestic travel, domestic travel involving operation of a motor vehicle. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals. This position receives regular review of objectives. Occasional evenings and weekends are expected.
In support of the university’s mission and goals, Academic Enterprise Enrollment creates, promotes and institutionalizes the broadest possible awareness of ASU as the New American University by utilizing a variety of data-informed strategies to enroll a diverse student population representative of the vision of Arizona State University. AEE brings discipline to the formulation of enrollment strategy and the refinement of enrollment processes, and is an effective collaborator with our college and school colleagues and other enrollment partners within the Academic Enterprise, Knowledge Enterprise and Learning Enterprise. AEE is comprised of the following units: Academic Enterprise Communications; Admission Services; Financial Aid and Scholarship Services; University Registrar Service; the Pat Tillman Veterans Center; and the International Student and Scholar Center.
Academic Enterprise Enrollment Core Values:
- Make the human connection: We commit to listen, offer empathy and show compassion.
- Drive success with teamwork: We solve problems with collaboration and creativity.
- Promote a thriving community: we recognize work-life balance and embrace our individual differences.
- Go above and beyond: We share our time, talents and expertise to make an impact in all that we do.
- See the extraordinary through our efforts: We support those who are pursuing their dreams.
- Lead with respect and positive intent in every situation: We communicate openly, genuinely, and with transparency.
ASU offers an array of employee benefits, including reduced tuition for employees, their spouses and dependents; competitive rates for health and life benefits; a wellness program; disability and leave program; paid holidays; and retirement programs. Visit https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefits for further details, as well as https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-applicant for a message to future ASU employees.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Systems Administrator Iv (Remote), The University of Arizona, United States, 5 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV (Remote) United States | req14624 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV (Remote) Posting Number req14624 Department Infra...
Global Professor Of Practice, Law (Vietnam), The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Vietnam | req14667 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor of Practice, Law (Vietnam) Posting Number req14667 De...
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 18 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Student Success Assistant (Work Study), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 16 hours ago
Student Success Assistant (Work Study) Student employment eligibility : Students must be awarded Federal College Work-study or Campus Employment to apply for any Student Employment positions. Camp...
Marketing Account Director (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 3 days ago
The Marketing Account Director for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time employment position reporting to the Vice President of Performance Marketing . The Marketing ...
Information Technology Support I (Chandler, Az), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 4 days ago
This is anin-personposition. The chosen candidate must live within 1 hour of Chandler, AZ POSITION SUMMARY: The Information Technology Support I for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) ...