Purdue Dining & Catering’s mission is to nourish and inspire the Purdue community. We offer a welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to dine. We are a fun and energetic team, serving thousands of meal a day in state-of-the-art dining facilities. We are ready to add a new member to our Dining Family.
What will you be doing as a Dining Service Associate?
- Perform a variety of food service responsibilities as assigned by Dining Court Manager, Assistant Manager, Chef or higher level food service worker.
- Tasks may include unloading and stocking of various inventory items, washing dishes and cookware by hand or machine, food production, cooking, baking, bussing, serving food, setting up for special events, and maintaining a clean organized work environment.
- Work in a variety of stations including but not limited to:
- Potāto, Potäto: Classic American comfort food.
- BoilerQ: Features a 6’ grill for a backyard BBQ concept with some foods like pulled meats and brisket.
- International: Features Southeast Asian cuisine utilizing four woks
- Parmesan Tomato: Brick oven pizza using hand-made dough.
- Ability to perform all duties of lower level food service worker
- Stable work or education history with good attendance record
- Competencies for this position are work standards and productivity, communication, interpersonal and intercultural relations, decision making, and dependability
- Knowledge of sanitation
- Ability to meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from different viewpoints and backgrounds
- High School Diploma/GED
- One year of institutional food service experience
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Workstudy Federal, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 14 hours ago
General Description of Position: We are currently accepting work-study applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Work-study positions are federally funded, part-time positions. These position ...
Faculty Physics, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 14 hours ago
General Description of Position: Provide instruction (classes, labs, & clinicals) within specific programs; assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising, program en...
Director Express Enrollment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 14 hours ago
Provide oversite of the daily operations of Express Enrollment Center. Supervise Student Services Professionals and customer service activities. Cultivate a team-based atmosphere with the goal of ...