The Enterprise Technology (ET) Experience Center is seeking Digital Skills Navigators to provide individualized or group assistance to community members within urban, rural, and remote areas. This includes helping them access affordable internet, appropriate devices, and digital skills education to become effective technology users. Digital Skills Navigators will focus on providing instruction for basic technology skills to community members. This assistance is provided in person at various locations but may also be via phone, email, video, chat, or events.
Digital Navigators work to build a bridge across the digital divide.
- Teach and empower our communities.
- Build relationships with diverse people.
- Expand knowledge of devices, platforms, and software.
- Impact ASU’s digital equity work across the U.S.
- Gather feedback, insights, and suggestions for the nation’s digital infrastructure, design, and public services to be utilized by other organizations and government agencies.
As with everyone in the ET, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, this position strives to embody and advance ourET Positive Core.
What’s in it for you:
Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes: (Click here to explore options. )
- ASU Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
Days and Schedules:
We are currently hiring for the following shifts:
Monday to Friday: 10am – 7pm
This is a grant-funded position expected to continue through 12/31/2024 (with the possibility of extension if funding allows)
On-the-job Driving Required? Required.
This position may be required to commute to other Digital Equity Institute working and event locations for work as needed. These locations roughly fall within a 15-mile radius of Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix campus.
ASU Enterprise Technology
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
29-November-2023 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed each week until positions are filled
- Collaborate closely with a team of other digital navigators to ensure that organizational goals are met.
- Receive, return, or initiate phone, chat, or email contact with community members seeking technology assistance.
- Appraise community members’ access to affordable internet and devices, their current digital skill level, and their tutoring/troubleshooting interests and needs.
- Advise community members about affordable home internet options and appropriate devices and support them in securing internet and an affordable device.
- Research, vet, and catalog information and resources for community members’ digital needs.
- Make a plan with community members for follow-up meetings on tutoring, troubleshooting, and information sharing. Research supportive information as necessary.
- Tutor, navigate, and provide quality information to community members to meet their technology needs. This may include phone and online interactions, referral to sources of additional information, digital skills training and digital resources.
- Teach community members (one-on-one or as a group) how to navigate digital resources, platforms, portals, and tools.
- Participate in giving feedback and solutions around processes and procedures within the Digital Navigator program and digital equity infrastructure across the region, state, and country.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One (1) year of customer-side support navigating various devices (computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.), platforms, websites, email, and applications OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to work at various set locations to assist community members during pre-determined service hours.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring or instructing utilizing various devices (computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.).
- Ability and desire to learn and teach basic technological concepts related to internet services, computers and devices, online services, and applications.
- Experience in researching, developing and delivering individualized lessons.
- Ability to take complex skills and topics and break them down into short, digestible lessons.
- Ability to lead one-on-one, small, and whole-group instruction and training sessions.
- Ability to provide patience, compassion, and supportiveness in community member service interactions.
- Customer service skills with the ability to understand and effectively interact with people across cultures.
- Experience in using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide accurate and detailed data reporting.
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, unit, and enterprise behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation.
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers, and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility, and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 21 days ago
The Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Director of Digital Experience. The Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 14 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 15 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 22 hours ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Financial Aid Certification Processor (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 15 days ago
The Financial Services Processor position is a full-time employment position reports to the Financial Services Manager. The Financial Services Processor analyzes students’ financial aid documen...
Junior Drupal Developer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 21 days ago
The Junior Drupal Developer is a full-time employment opportunity and reports to the Drupal Developer. The Junior Drupal Developer will oversee front-end and back-end module development. This role...