Harvard Kennedy School
CM0857 Digital Content Producer III
Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) is launching a new online program initiative,Public Leadership Credential (PLC), that will offer online courses for mid-career professionals. This program will expand the reach of HKS knowledge, ideas, skills, and practices into the world and enable working professionals to become better equipped to advance the public good as leaders.
We are recruiting for a short-term Digital Learning Designer to help execute the production phase of online courses that will launch in September 2019.
The Digital Learning Designer will be part of a matrix team in the Academic Dean’s Office consisting of designers and technologists who work closely with faculty and other HKS administrators and staff. This team’s primary focus is on designing, developing, and delivering a series of online courses and an online capstone experience.
The Digital Learning Designer will:
- Work closely with learning designers, technologists, video producers, and research assistants to produce new online courses for adult learners in the policy, leadership, and public administration domain.
- Design and produce the final treatments of learning activities, course materials, assignments, rubrics and integrate these assets into the learning platform (e.g., quizzes with feedback, writing and discussion assignments) by building on prior course design work.
- Complete all post-production tasks for instructional videos, and collaborate with graphic artists and photo researcher to commission graphics and images to be used in the videos.
- Ensure quality of produced content and the alignment of course activities and assessments with learning objectives.
- Prepare materials to be used by teaching teams during course delivery, such as scoring rubrics and answer keys.
- Take actions in course tools and LMS to produce and finalize course.
- Monitor and communicate with the lead learning designer and the project manager about goals, schedules, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with media producers to develop work plans, schedules, and content requirements for production of multimedia.
- Participate in and when appropriate lead course design meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This is a fully benefits-eligible 6 month term appointment beginning in early June.
Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years related professional communications experience.
Degree in instructional design, education, or a related field (special focus in technology and education) strongly preferred.
Prior experience with production of blended, online, and/or massive open online courses (MOOC).
Proven understanding of tools for teaching, including emerging technologies and online learning tools. Specific experience with Canvas, LMS, LTI tools, learning data and analytics is a plus.
Experience working with faculty in a college/university setting.
Experience and interest in teaching and adult learning.
Comfortable using productivity software and project management tools.
Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, ever-changing team environment.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and project management skills, especially attention to detail to quality-check own work.
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment beginning in early June and scheduled to end 6 months from date of hire.
Physical demands and work environment: some light lifting may be necessary.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
USA - MA - Cambridge
Academic Dean's Office & SLATE
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learner Engagement Manager, Harvard University Kennedy School, United States, 16 days ago
Develop learner engagement strategy and execute tactics in support of that strategy Contribute to continuous improvement of courses by analyzing learning data and learner feedback and by designing...
Digital Learning Designer, Digital Learning & Innovation (9419), Boston University, United States, 1 day ago
The Instructional Production Services (IPS) group within the Digital Learning & Innovation office at Boston University offers instructional strategy and design in online/hybrid modalities, digital...
Student Financial Systems Business Analyst, Harvard University Division of Continuing Education, United States, 24 days ago
Student Financial Services assists over 28,000 Harvard Extension School and Harvard Summer School students in meeting their financial obligations. SFS serves as accounts receivable and also perfor...
Research Project Manager, Data And Evidence, Harvard University Kennedy School, United States, 10 days ago
The Research Project Manager will lead the coordination and management of four key projects that all relate to how data and evidence is used to drive government performance. The key responsibiliti...
Continuing Resources & Acquisitions Library Assistant, Harvard University Library, United States, 23 days ago
Places orders for monographs via Alma and other systems as appropriate, following bibliographers' directives regarding materials, vendor and fund assignments; may include finding copy, and identif...
Digital And Audience Engagement Editor, Harvard University Administration, United States, 17 days ago
Reporting to the Deputy Curator, the Digital and Audience Engagement Editor is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the Nieman Foundation's profile online, ensuring that its fellowship opport...