Condition of Employment
As required by Executive Order 14042 , if selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or apply for and receive a University-approved accommodation before beginning employment with the University.
Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position develops and implements social media strategies to raise public awareness of, understanding of, and appreciation for The University of Mississippi with critical target audiences. The incumbent oversees the reporting and accuracy of analytical data related to online media coverage, manages the distribution of content for official UM social media accounts, and maintains university engagement across social media platforms.
Examples of Work Performed
- Develops and implements social media strategies for the University, specifically for offices within the Division of Enrollment Management.
- Manages the distribution of content for social media accounts.
- Manages the content for websites within the Division of Enrollment Management.
- Conducts research on digital trends and audience preferences.
- Maintains engagement of University alumni, students, faculty and staff across digital platforms.
- Provides weekly reports on success and engagement of digital platforms.
- Creates, designs, and produces specialized content for social media platforms.
- Develops and makes recommendations for strategic digital communications and marketing plans.
- Maintains editorial calendar for social media platforms.
- Cultivates support for the University by assisting in implementing special events/projects and programs to generate media interest, fund-raising support, and public recognition for the institution.
- Serves as a professional resource for internal and external clients.
- Develops presentations for the University community on social media use.
- Provides guidance, training, and supervision to subordinate staff.
- Develops content for email marketing campaigns.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Marketing Content Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 6 days ago
73545BR Campus: Tempe Marketing Content Specialist Job Description ASU's Educational Outreach and Student Service is seeking a talented, organized and versatile Marketing Content Specialist to joi...
Project Manager (Job Id: 42302), University of Louisville, United States, 20 days ago
Job ID: 42302 Location: UME/Dean's Office/ HSC Campus Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-...
News And Media Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Program Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
73853BR Campus: Tempe Program Coordinator Job Description Seeking a highly-motivated, enthusiastic Coordinator to perform administrative work requiring initiative and independent judgment. Respons...
Director Of Marketing, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
73369BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Director Job Description The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University seeks a dynamic individual as our Director of Marketing to promote ASU ...
Communications Manager, Arizona State University, United States, 25 days ago
73179BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Mgr Communications Job Description The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University seeks a team-oriented individual for the Communications Manag...