Albert Einstein College of Medicine seeks a Development writer to conceptualize, research, write, and / or edit both internal and external communications for an expanding Office of Development. S/he will work on a client model across Development departments to produce high quality, inspiring, best-of-class collateral for traditional and non-traditional media in service to engaging and informing donors, prospects, patients, and friends. Sample projects include but are not limited to:
- Funding proposals
- Pitch decks
- Gift agreements
- Naming agreements
- Event collateral
- Stewardship reports
- Acknowledgement letters
- Year-end institutional impact reports
- Annual appeals
- Internal newsletters
- External newsletters
- Einstein magazine articles
The Development Writer will maintain a departmental writing style guide and serve as the authoritative editorial voice of a busy, fast-paced office. This is an on-site position in the Bronx; remote work is not an option. Link to online portfolio required. This position reports to the Senior Director of External Relations
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of professional experience, preferably in a fundraising, healthcare, higher education, or other complex environment. Master of Fine Arts degree preferred.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Expertise in the use of the English language (grammar, punctuation, syntax).
- Ability to write in various leadership voices (for example, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Dean, CEO).
- Proven record of working fast, smart and proactively across print, web, and other mediums while hitting all deadlines.
- Sees constructive criticism as a valuable part of the collaborative process.
- Possesses the talent, focus, and innovation to take projects—often, multiple at a time—from inception to reality.
- Ability to interact with colleagues across all levels in a mature, professional, and dependable fashion.
- Mastery of Microsoft programs.
- Experience interviewing subjects a plus.
Chief Marketing And Communications Officer In The Marketing And Communications Department, Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Bargaining Unit: Regular/Temporary: Regular End Date if Temporary: Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Commensurate with experience Position Summary Reporting to t...
Science Communication Manager, Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Bargaining Unit: Regular/Temporary: Regular End Date if Temporary: Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: commensurate with experience Position Summary Columbia's Mor...
Director Internal Communications, Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience Position Summary The Director of Internal Communications in the ...
Senior Extension Associate Institute For Food Safety (Cornell Agri Tech); Geneva, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Senior Extension Associate Institute for Food Safety (Cornell AgriTech); Geneva, NY Director Senior Extension Associate, Institute for Food Safety Department of Food Science, College of Agricultur...
Produce Safety Alliance Spanish Language Extension Associate, Cornell University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Produce Safety Alliance - Spanish Language Extension Associate College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Department of Food Science The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is a pioneer of purp...
Extension Associate – Director Of Human Resource Professional Development Programs Scheinman Institute, Ilr School, Cornell University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Extension Associate – Director of Human Resource Professional Development Programs - Scheinman Institute, ILR School Position is located in New York, NY, within the ILR School located at 570 Lexin...