Location: United States,
Internal Number: 3074
Special Instructions to Applicants: All interested applicants must attach a cover letter and a resume in the Supporting Documents section of the application in a PDF format . Please note that the applicant tracking system does not convert attachments in Word format successfully.
The ideal candidate for this position has an engaging and collaborative work ethic, excellent communication skills, and the ability to problem-solve creatively as well as prioritize projects while fulfilling the in-person requirement needed to succeed in this position.
The development specialist serves a vital and interactive role within the office of the dean and is responsible for facilitating the natural sciences development team in achieving its goals and coordinating the natural sciences donor and alumni efforts. Under the primary direction of the Director of Development, s/he works directly with development officers, the Dean, faculty, staff, and key volunteers in coordinating the forward momentum of the overall development effort for the Wiess School of Natural Sciences. The development specialist is the administrative support for the natural sciences development officer, assists with the implementation of stewardship plans for natural sciences, and facilitates special projects and events for the school.
- Bachelor's Degree
- In lieu of the education requirement, additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis may be substituted
- Skills Required
- Computer proficiencies, including database entry and management, document and spreadsheet creation, Google Calendar and docs, and management across PC and MAC platforms
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to prepare presentations for meetings and events with clear and effective information for internal and external audiences
- Ability to contribute to a multi-functional team
- In conjunction with the Natural Sciences Development Officer, develop and implement systems, processes, and procedures to manage donor follow-up, identify stewardship needs, facilitate cultivation and stewardship efforts for the School of Natural Sciences
- Identify, recommend, and execute operational plans for development activities within the School of Natural Sciences
- Interact with natural sciences alumni groups
- Manage and reconcile event and travel budgets
- Maintain schedules for the development officer
- Monitor prospect lists for the development officer
- Plan and coordinate logistics for informational, fundraising, and stewardship meetings for the development officer and the dean
- Lead planning, coordination, and execution of school events
- Conduct prospect and donor research and/or solicit prospect and donor research from Development and Alumni Relations
- Maintain confidential donor and prospect information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One year of related experience in administrative support
Rice University HR | Benefits: https://knowledgecafe.rice.edu/benefits
Rice Mission and Values: Mission and Values | Rice University
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Faculty and staff are expected (but not required) to have completed a full vaccination series for COVID-19 (currently defined as full course COVID-19 Vaccine (typically two shots of a WHO-approved COVID-19 Vaccine or one J&J) and a COVID-19 booster. Rice does not require documentation for COVID 19 vaccination at this time for faculty and staff. More information can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies.
Director, Major And Annual Giving, Harvard University, United States, 7 days ago
15-Feb-2024 Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health 65065BR Job Summary The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) is committed to securing t...
Assistant Director, University Donor Relations And Engagement, Harvard University, United States, 21 days ago
02-Feb-2024 Alumni Affairs and Development 64945BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity th...
Stewardship Officer, University of Otago, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Stewardship Officer-2400247 DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICE EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT DIVISION The role/Te mahi Reporting directly to the Director, Development and Alumni Relations, the Stewards...
Director Of Development, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School Of Business & College Of Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 11 hours ago
Director of Development, Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business & College of Business Administration PAE-Office of the Vice Chancellor - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001379) The University of ...
Managing Director Of Development – Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, United States, 20 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Donor Relations Officer, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Advancement Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Continuing (permanent) position Generous annual leave provisions and professional dev...