External Programs and Communications
• In conjunction with associate director, develop, plan, and implement and evaluate programs and events that involve alumni, parents, students, and donors, to effectively integrate the school and university’s strategic messages/goals and fundraising priorities.
• Write and deliver individual and group donor messages, letters, invitations and communiques on behalf of Berkeley Optometry, the DAR office and the Dean’s office.
• Manage Berkeley Optometry’s social media presence including the management and implementation of regional groups for alumni, students and friends. Monitor and evaluate the operational effectiveness of the unit’s social media programs and recommend new strategies as necessary.
• Create and deliver alumni and donor newsletters and magazine in conjunction with the Director of Marketing.
• Manage website, which includes creating and updating content such as donor and alumni volunteer profiles, featured giving opportunities, and event listings.
Berkeley Optometry Donor & Database Administration
• Develop and maintain reports on fundraising results and activities, providing analysis of program trends, and short and long range results utilizing complex donor database.
• Conduct research on alumni and other constituents to identify new prospects based on connection, background, giving capacity, interests, and campus’ priorities.
• Perform inquiry functions using CADS (Campus wide Alumni Development System); enter and retrieve data from system; create query sentences for extracting data from system or calculating fundraising totals; manipulate and present data in a number of end-user applications (Word, Excel).
• Enter contact reports on CADS utilizing information from briefings, meetings, correspondence and e-mails; update biographical information in CADS as necessary.
• Create and produce routine and custom CADS lists. Regularly, run, review and interpret CADS-generated reports to ensure accuracy of gifts on behalf of the unit. Analyze data, and provide trends and new donors and prospects for engagement. Communicate reports to the unit.
Gift Management and Stewardship Program
• Ensures that all pledges and gifts to the University are processed and acknowledged accurately and on a timely basis.
• Manage gift processing at Berkeley Optometry.
• Works directly with UDAR to ensure that gifts are processed and that all batches and other information relevant to pledges and gifts are scanned and filed in a timely manner and that the information is complete.
• Works with the Business Office and other UDAR offices to provide them with required forms and information to process distinct gifts such as stock or wire transfers, grants, pledges, and create new numbers.
• Track and report on fundraising progress (totals) for specific fundraising efforts.
• Craft, design and execute stewardship program for Berkeley Optometry donors.
• Write Berkeley Optometry thank you letter templates for annual fund and corporate donors.
• Coordinate with Dean’s office on communication of gratitude, donor interactions and quarterly messaging.
• Manage annual alumni card program, individual contacts and special occasions.
• Coordinate donor gratitude events.
• Manages In-Honor and In-Memory of and in-kind- gift acknowledgements.
Inventory, Workforce and Office Management
• Recruit, hire, train and manage work-study and part- time contract assistance in all areas of DAR.
• Solicit, manage, communicate with and reward student and alumni volunteers for work on behalf of the school, DAR and the community.
• Coordinate with internal and external offices to procure, store and manage inventory of donor and alumni gifts, event supplies, student engagement meetings and school-wide needs as allowed by the budget.
• Conceive of new and exciting / interesting collateral for Berkeley Optometry.
Executive Assistant To Associate Vice Chancellor, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 20 days ago
Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW The Executive Assistant to Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC), UDAR, uses skills as a seasoned, experienced administrative operations professional to manage, plan and adminis...
Program Assistant V: Development Associate, University of San Francisco, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: Program Assistant V: Development Associate Job Summary: The University of San Francisco seeks a highly motivated, team-work driven, flexible candidate who thrives in a dynamic and visi...
Student Assistant, Fah, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 19 days ago
Job Summary JOB OVERVIEW Student Assistants staff evening and weekend events at the Faculty Alumni House (FAH). Their evening shifts typically begin at 5 pm to accommodate their class / clinic sch...
Development Associate, Parent Philanthropy And Engagement (7546 U) #27138, University of California, United States, about 13 hours ago
• Under general supervision, exercises limited discretion and professional judgment in implementing established components for fundraising and alumni/parent relations programs and activities in su...
Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant is an integ...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, about 14 hours ago
Berkeley Lab's Environmental Genomics & Systems Biology Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Scholar. Microbial communities comprise the dominant life form on earth and major drivers of glob...