Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Officed in River Forest, IL with responsibility throughout Cook County and the greater Chicagoland area
- Job Category
- Full time Positions
- Salary Range: $90,889 - $109,557 DOE (commensurate with qualifications and time in service)
- Last Date to Apply
- The Forest Preserves of Cook County is a governmental agency responsible for the management of 70,000 acres of diverse natural areas and public open spaces within the Chicago metropolitan area. We are seeking a Deputy Director to assist with leading the Department of Resource Management in all aspects of its operations, staff and personnel. The department consists of approximately 60 fulltime employees who are responsible for the preservation, restoration, and protection of natural areas within one of the oldest and largest forest preserve districts in the United States. The selected Deputy Director will have broad experience in largescale natural areas management and conservation, as well as the ability to supervise a work force of skilled professionals of varying technical disciplines. Candidates will draw on expertise in forestry, restoration, and ecology to guide land management activities while giving due consideration to the region’s natural and cultural heritage, native plant communities, and wildlife. The Deputy Director position will require the ability to effectively oversee the planning and implementation of multi-phase projects and grant partnerships, while fostering positive relationships with staff, volunteers, contractors, the public, partners, and other government agencies. Candidates should demonstrate comprehension of the unique challenges and pressures associated with working within a densely populated urban-wildland interface. This position provides senior managerial support for a department consisting of the following sections: Wildlife, Fisheries, Ecology, Resource Field Operations, Project Management, and Conservation Corps workforce training programs. For more information or to view a complete job description, please see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uKl65eOEqCA1K1WccF4SK3HMkW-DtaD/view?usp=sharing
- B.S. degree (minimum) in forestry, ecology, biology, or related natural science field. Eight (8) years or more full-time work experience in forestry, forest recreation, ecosystem management, or natural resource management. • Experience or knowledge in sustainable forestry practices, ecosystem restoration, horticulture, arboriculture, fisheries and wildlife management • Familiarity with prescribed fire for ecosystem management • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Knowledge of invasive and non-native plant, animal and insect species and the appropriate management techniques • Familiarity with the use of geographic information systems and other relevant technologies • Ability to develop policy, and navigate governmental procedures and regulations • Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employees, government officials, partner organizations, grantors, outside agencies and the general public To be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 3, 2021 to John.Mccabe@cookcountyil.gov. Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as the size of the previous program or department you have managed or administered. Resumes will be screened and candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to interview.
- Contact Person
- John McCabe
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
Permanent (Full Time) Scientific Vacancy In The Field Of “The Health Of Forest Ecosystems”, Université de Liège (ULiege), Belgium, 6 days ago
A position of first assistant, in the field of The health of forest Ecosystems, attached to the Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech Faculty (single department). In Europe, recurrent droughts affect how forests...
Personality Traits And Cognitive Abilities In Captive Bred North African Houbara Bustard , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
The University of Exeter’s College of Life and Environmental Sciences, in partnership with Reneco International Wildlife Consultants, is inviting applications for a PhD studentship to commence in ...
Administrative And Finance Manager, ForestWISE, Portugal, 7 days ago
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Administrative and finance manager Application 03/2022 ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory for the study of fire and forest issues through the development of research, inno...
Project Manager (Forest And Fire Management, Risk Management And Circular Economy And Value Chains) (# Of Pos: 2), ForestWISE, Portugal, 9 days ago
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Project Manager (Forest and Fire management, Risk management and Circular Economy and Value Chains) Application 02/2021 ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory for the study of...
Professor Of Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences Department of Ecology The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) Uppsala is now recruiting a professor in ecology with focus on th...
Project Researcher I (Non Academic Staff Member) For The Department Of Geology And Soil Science, Mendel University, Brno, Czech, about 13 hours ago
Dean of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, Mendel University in Brno, prof. Dr. Ing. Libor Jankovský announces an open competition for the position of non-academic staff member: Project ...