The Asian Liver Center at Stanford University is seeking an Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications to direct partnerships that help eliminate hepatitis B deaths and stigma.
Please visit https://med.stanford.edu/liver.html for more information on Asian Liver Center’s mission.
- Design/execute high impact partnership frameworks, including identifying associated collaborators and developing collateral/communications, that align with Asian Liver Center’s goal to eliminate deaths and stigma associated with hepatitis B and according to the emerging gaps, opportunities and priorities identified by the executive director. Potential partners may include business; government; youth; traditional/social media; and nonprofit sectors.
- Support state-level policy initiative through management of coalition network; presenting case/data to potential high level supporters; partnering with internal staff, community and government partners to craft relevant communications and move policy process forward; and identify people and resources that will aid the policy process.
- Write various communications not limited to program-related materials and manuals; community/partner tools; community educational resources; and campaign communications.
- Oversee planning of Annual Youth Leadership Conference, including oversight of project management; identifying potential speakers or workshop leaders; advising on Team Challenge.
- Management of recruitment and training for undergraduate and graduate interns.
- Cultivate relationships and partnership networks that will aid in all aspects of the Center’s work.
- Represent the Center to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- Collaborate with other staff/team members at the Asian Liver Center to perform various tasks and assignments.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated project management experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships/partnerships aligned with company mission.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Executive Director, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499839 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 13, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Executive Director, Career Center, The California State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499979 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 19, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Dean, University Library (Apply Via Search Firm), The California State University, United States, 15 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499573 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 16 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 16 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Guardian Scholars Program Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 15 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499643 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) ...