Department HR Specialist Sr
New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences (NCIAS), at the West campus, is seeking a Department HR Specialist Senior. Under general supervision, this position manages payroll and human resource functions for the college. These functions include but are not limited to payroll processing and management; reviewing contracts and notices of appointment, coordination of non-academic and academic hiring and onboarding, maintaining and retention of college personnel files, human resource compliance; internal controls; and other functions designated by supervisor.
New Interdisc Arts & Sciences
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$50,000-$64,500 per year; DOE
- Responsible for the payroll process for the college, resolves payroll discrepancies and works as a liaison between the college and payroll department and/or Office of Human Resources (OHR) to reach a solution
- Coordinates and manages personnel searches, applicant evaluation and hiring and offer letters.
- Processes a heavy volume of payroll transactions for employees paid on multiple funding sources, (i.e. state, local, grant) in a timely manner to meet university deadlines
- Reconciles bi-weekly payroll
- Runs payroll reports in MyReports, amazon workspaces and analytics
- Monitors payroll activity on grant accounts and works with school financial personnel to ensure processing
- Manage human resource and payroll quality control for college
- Determine budgetary impact of salary actions and work closely with the financial administrators to review account expenditure requests and obtain expenditure approvals in accordance with established financial guidelines and policies
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate personnel records
- Oversees and manages the response to internal and external audit requests and prepares audit documents for payroll reconciliations; may work collaboratively with the financial specialist.
- Works closely with college administration and central OHR Benefits office to coordinate faculty, staff and student benefit issues, and implement all departmental human resource activities to ensure adherence with college and university policies, practices and regulations.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff and/or student workers.
- Advises and assists management and staff in the handling of employee relations issues, complaints and/or grievances and determination of appropriate actions.
- Participates in a variety of departmental, college, and university-wide initiatives and meetings to represent unit's interests in the area of human resources and to ensure an integrative/collaborative support of college and university interests.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the continuity of department operations and to meet customer service needs
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related administrative experience, OR, Nine (9) years of related administrative experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience analyzing payroll discrepancies
- Experience in generating payroll transactions in PeopleSoft
- Experience in BrassRing/Kenexa
- Experience in Human Resources in higher education
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and other tools to prepare letters, forms and reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of Academic Personnel
- Evidence of having attention to detail and effective communication skills
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
This position is located at ASU's West campus in northwest Phoenix and is part of the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (New College). ASU's New College offers programs that emphasize experiential learning that spans academic disciplines, enhances appreciation of all forms of creative activity, and empowers student achievement in the humanities, the arts and the sciences. It is the largest college at ASU's West campus.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Director Of Human Resources, Ave Maria University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Ave Maria University Position Posting Director of Human Resources Ave Maria University is seeking applications for a full-time Director of Human Resources for the University’s human resources depa...
Director Of Administrative Operations And External Affairs Ihrp (Job Id #145535), University of Illinois, United States, about 23 hours ago
Director of Administrative Operations and External Affairs: Institute for Health Research and Policy The Institute for Health Research and Policy (IHRP) invites applications for the position of Di...
Global Professor (China) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 17 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China) (Multiple Positions) United States | req4988 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China) (Multiple Positions) Posting Number re...
Administrative Support Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 4 days ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...
Finance & Hr Coordinator Nyu Berlin, New York University, United States, 20 days ago
The Finance & HR Coordinator is a full-time parental leave replacement position for the period May/June 2021 to December 2022. The incumbent is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting f...
County Services – Regional Director (Region 21), Iowa State University, United States, 4 days ago
Position Information: Position Title: County Services – Regional Director (Region 21) Job Group: Professional & Scientific Required Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related...