Department HR Specialist
Under general supervision the Human Resources (HR) Specialist assists with coordinating the HR functions within the Housing department. This position will primarily be responsible for the hiring of the departments’ student staff, which consists of approximately 800 students in various positions throughout the campuses. If you have strong organizational skills, able to problem solve and think independently while working with peers and leadership invested in your success we encourage you to apply.
Days and Schedule: Work location is primarily at the Tempe campus; however, incumbent may be required to travel to off-campus events and other ASU campuses to perform work driving their own vehicle. This position is a full-time position from Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM, evenings and weekends may be occasionally be required.
What’s in it for you: Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes: (Click here to explore options )
- Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.
- Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits.
- Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.
- Paid time for volunteer and professional development.
- 10 Paid Holidays and competitive Vacation and Sick accruals each Pay Period.
- Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.
- Disability and leave program for income protection.
- Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.
- ASU Discounts to sports/events along with discounts with ASU partnerships.
EOSS Fiscal & HR Operations
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$45,000 - $50,000 per year; DOE
- Ensuring maintenance of appropriate personnel records based on ASU, state and federal guidelines
- Oversee and manage the response to internal and external audit requests and prepare audit documents for HR and payroll audits
- Oversee full life cycle of student recruitment process
- Maintain onboarding process for required courses
- Perform I-9 eligibility checks during peak hiring seasons.
- Process all terminations of student and removing them from all applicable systems.
- Perform all activities associated with Department Time Administrator (DTA) to ensure accurate and timely recording of exceptions and positive time for SDFW student staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs
- Process a heavy volume of payroll transactions for employees paid on multiple funding sources, (i.e. state, local, grant).
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate personnel records based on OHR, state and federal guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the continuity of department operations and to meet customer service needs.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two (2) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working in BrassRing for student hiring
- Experience working in PeopleSoft with HR transactions such as additional pay, terminations, and promotions
- Experience with Data Entry in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working in SubItUp
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with the Department Time Administrator process
- Experience in planning, analyzing and establishing priorities
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities, sensitive/confidential information and short deadlines
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience in working effectively and collaboratively with faculty and staff
- Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Work collaboratively across various departments within the University as well as with diverse populations and groups
- Use computers effectively – including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen and using mouse and keyboard
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data
- Communicate effectively
- Walk throughout campus for meetings or events, regardless of the weather
- Work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Climb stairs in locations with no elevator, such as with the mezzanine level of the MU, or Irish Hall
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, TRIO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services, Access ASU and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Assistant Professor Of Practice, The University of Arizona, United States, about 4 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant Professor of Practice United States | req18925 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant Professor of Practice Posting Number req18925 Department Animal&Bi...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 21 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Identity Access Management Engineer Iii (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The University of Arizona Global Campus is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Identity and Access Engineer Level 3 to join our team. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and ...
Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty Philosophy (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty member performs duties relating to online instructi...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 4 days ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...
Product Manager, Student Relationship Technology (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Product Manager, Student Relationship Technologies, is a key player at UAGC, tasked with managing and evolving Salesforce products and other student-facing technologies. This role demands exec...