Job ID: 40427
Location: School of Dentistry
High school diploma and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Grade NC1. Wage range $14.50/hr - $17.61/hrPreferred Qualifications
- Experience in a dental clinic setting experience, especially for patients with medically compromised health histories in an oral surgery environment
- Knowledge of an electronic health record database
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service experience and cultural competency
- Comfortable in a high volume, high stress environment
The University of Louisville School of Dentistry prepares students for a career in Dentistry. Programs are available at the DMD level in general dentistry and the Masters level in endodontics, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and prosthodontics. Dental Clinic Associates, Sr (DCA) directly support the work of the students as they progress towards completion of their clinical requirements.
The Patient Services Representative (PSR) facilitates the start of each appointment by checking each patient in and reviewing any necessary documentation for the visit. This PSR position is in the General Practice Residency/Oral Surgery clinic at the Ambulatory Care Building located on the UofL Health Science Campus at 550 S. Jackson Street, Louisville, KY.
$1000 Sign-on/retention bonus available to those who qualify.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with faculty, peers and supervisors to deliver customer service oriented and patient centered care within the DMD clinics.
- As the first point of contact with the patient, the PSR checks patients in daily, confirming their contact information, current insurance and consent forms, and registering new patients when needed.
- Verify insurance, submit pre-authorizations and detail benefit coverage for patients when appropriate.
- Conduct financial transactions: accept and post payments, issue receipts, and balance cash drawer at end of day.
- Review treatment plans and payment plans when necessary.
- Run and analyze Kasper reports.
- Manage patient referral bank.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Answers the phone in a timely and professional manner, managing a multiline system.
- Maintains HIPPA, OSHA and Infection Control compliance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
Tenure Track Faculty Position, Open Rank (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor) (Pain Research), McGill University, Canada, 11 days ago
Position Description: The Faculty of Dentistry of McGill University is inviting applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor and in the field ...
Senior Lecturer Paediatric Dentistry, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 22 hours ago
Senior Lecturer - Paediatric Dentistry-2101645 FACULTY OF DENTISTRY UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO Who we are The University of Otago Faculty of Dentistry is the foremost dental education and research centre...
Database Administrator, McGill University, Canada, 20 days ago
Position Summary: The Database Administrator will be responsible for leading the information technology and database needs for integrating new data points, extract, and curate existing clinical da...
Clinical Assistant Professor, Faculty Of Dentistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Faculty of Dentistry (08000) Categories: Professoriate Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Temporary Clinical Assistant Professor in the Faculty of D...
Clinical Practitioner, Faculty Of Dentistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Faculty of Dentistry (08000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Clinical Practitioner in the Faculty of Dentistry (Ref....
Higher Degree Technician In Research Support For The “Eit Um E Ultimate” Project 150 751 193, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)- BarcelonaTECH, Spain, 13 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...