DEAN – STUDENT SERVICES
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is seeking a Dean of Student Services. The Dean of Student Services is responsible for developing policies and procedures that relate to each unit within The Student Services Division. Acts as a major advisor to the president pertaining to the Student Services area. Provides leadership and assists each manager in developing to his/her fullest potential.
- Plans, establishes, assigns work, monitors progress, and evaluates results of departments activities and projects.
- Provides strategic planning and administrative oversight of various departments and services within the division including, but not limited to admissions and records, advising, academic support, athletics, career, and transfer services, disability services, veterans services, testing services, and wellness services.
- Ensures coordination of services between each office within Student Services.
- Administers district-wide policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Prepares reports detailing division activities.
- Ensures compilation and submission of the necessary federal and state reports for each area.
- Oversees and directs the preparations of the Student Services budget.
- Proposes justifies and monitors annual department, program, and organizational budgets.
- Prepares recommendations for staffing, supplies, facilities, equipment, conference leaves, and travel.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Ph.D. from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience as Department Chair, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Coordinator.
- Active Participation or exposure to higher education accreditation procedures, articulation processes and program review.
- Experience in activities that focus on assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience preferred working within a unionized setting.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
- Demonstrated experience in handling student-related issues.
- Experience in multiple areas of student services: registrar, records, admission, evaluation of student activities, programs, and services.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student confidentiality and other student-related issues.
WE OFFER: Excellent health benefits at a low cost; Investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan; Generous vacation, holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit our benefits page.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Assistant Director, , The University of Chicago, United States, 13 days ago
Department BSD PSM - Multicultural Affairs About the Department In our size, geographic location, and organizational structure, in the diversity of our student body and the strong bonds of our com...
Senior Research Technician, The University of Chicago, United States, 4 days ago
Department Provost UChicagoGRAD Admissions About the Department UChicagoGRAD, a part of the Office of the Provost that supports graduate education across the University, is an innovative national ...
Lecturer And Director Of Vocal Studies , The University of Chicago, United States, about 1 hour ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Lecturer and Director of Vocal Studies Department of Music, Humanities Division Position Type: Other Academic Appointee Chicago, IL Apr 30, 2021 Description...
Assistant Director, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Career Advancement, The University of Chicago, United States, about 24 hours ago
Department ESA Deputy Director - Direct Reports About the Department Career Advancement serves a student population of approximately 7,000 arts and sciences undergraduate students, in addition to ...
Teaching Fellows In The Master Of Arts Program In The Humanities , The University of Chicago, United States, about 1 hour ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Teaching Fellows in the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities Humanities Division Position Type: Other Academic Appointee Chicago, IL May 4, 2021 – Ju...
Assistant Dean, Advancement, Illinois Institute of Technology, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Details Position Title Assistant Dean, Advancement Requisition # S00742P FLSA Exempt Location IIT-Downtown Campus (DTC), Chicago, IL Department CK Development Office GENERAL DESCRIPTION I...