Harold Washington College (HWC) is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Reporting to a College President, the Dean of Enrollment Management will strategically foster overall student access, retention, and completion. The Dean of Enrollment Management leads the integrated delivery of enrollment services including admissions, outreach, recruitment, financial aid, scholarships, marketing and testing services to meet goals for college enrollment growth while assuring delivery of positive student centered services. Directs the Strategic Enrollment Management planning for the College. Performs related duties as required.
- Serves as a key leader in ensuring that all Enrollment Management functional areas have processes, policies, technology, and resources necessary to optimize student enrollment access and success.
- The Dean provides leadership and directly oversees the offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Scholarship and Testing Services and is expected to incorporate higher education and community college, strategic enrollment management best practices.
- Supervises staff in executing the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan, Recruitment Plan to effectively market the college’s degree and certificate programs and increasing the interest of prospective students in order to attract and enroll new students.
- Collaborates across divisions to improve the College’s ability to serve students with intention and excellence and to ensure consistency with marketing and communication.
- Represents the College and department at appropriate state and system-wide meetings, summits and planning sessions as they relate to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership direction on behalf of the College to critical stakeholders regarding Recruiting, Retention, and critical communication related strategy, planning and projects for enhanced awareness, college brand and enrollment marketing tactics to affect yield, persistence and retention.
- Guides admissions and enrollment functions, ensuring prospective students are provided the assistance and information needed for a seamless transition from the on-line application through the orientation, enrollment, and registration process.
- Provides leadership direction to the Financial Aid Director in long-term planning of student assistance programs for financial aid and scholarship administration. Assures the quality of these programs through an effective evaluation process. Integrates financial aid systems and outreach into overall enrollment management strategies. Sets up systems to maximize efficiencies of staff utilization through cross training. Oversees compliance with federal regulations and processes.
- Recommends and participates in the development of policy as necessary to properly implement effective enrollment services and student support programs. Carries out, explains, interprets and enforces policy for enrollment services.
- Develops and maintains on-going relationships with schools, businesses, community organizations and other partners in support of enrollment management initiative.
- Assigns recruitment areas and/or target market segments, and reviews schedules of planned outreach activities including school visits, college fairs, and presentations.
- Assists with the College’s Marketing and Communication Plan.
- Oversees the monitoring of students through the admissions funnel to ensure prospective students are effectively guided through the process for general and special admissions programs, student orientation, and related enrollment steps.
- Executes strategies and develop a Social Media Plan to drive engagement through digital platforms including social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) with an emphasis on increasing traffic to improve branding and student recruitment efforts.
- Establishes performance guidelines and goals for staff. Meets with staff to review work activities and progress. Sets work priorities and focus direction. Resolves performance issues and administers corrective action as necessary. Ensures staff compliance with collective bargaining agreements, related college policy, administrative rules, procedures, state and federal laws and regulations
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in developing and proactively adjusting recruitment plans and strategies based on data analysis, review of application and enrollment trends, and other metrics to effectively reach student enrollment and retention goals.
- Plans and coordinates open house events, information sessions, group tours and other large scale prospective and new student events and recruitment programs.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five to ten years of work experience in enrollment management, student affairs or student services, preferably at a community college, including three years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, recruiting, outreach, financial aid and scholarship administration as well as effective communication techniques
- A record of accomplishment leading diverse teams to meet and exceed enrollment and retention goals.
- The ability to drive change in a complex environment, and to deliver results despite obstacles and challenges.
- The ability to develop and implement innovative recruitment models, enrollment management practices, which are informed by national best practices related to the needs of the community college student
- Experience in budget, supervision, enrollment services planning and data management required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
The following generally describes the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time to successfully perform the assigned duties
Academic Advisor, School Of Education, Purdue University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Summary The academic advisor in the School of Education and Counseling provides support to candidates concerning their academic plans and progress, advises them on scheduling courses, choice o...
Assistant Director, , The University of Chicago, United States, 18 days ago
Department BSD PSM - Multicultural Affairs About the Department In our size, geographic location, and organizational structure, in the diversity of our student body and the strong bonds of our com...
Associate Director Programs (Internal Applicants Only), Loyola University, United States, 7 days ago
Posting Details Position Title Associate Director Programs (Internal Applicants Only) Job Category Administrator Office/Department Center for Community, Service, and Justice Location Evergreen Mai...
Senior Director, Administration, The University of Chicago, United States, 21 days ago
Department UCPE Leadership Administration About the Department Our mission is to create pathways for people who see education as fundamental to the pursuit of professional growth. We develop innov...
Donor Communications Coordinator, Development Department, Purdue University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Summary Execute various written projects such as gift acknowledgment letters, stewardship reports, and customized communications to PNW’s donor community including emails and videos. Analyze a...
Senior Director, Administration, The University of Chicago, United States, 14 days ago
Department UCPE Leadership Administration About the Department Job Summary The job manages multiple related teams of managers and professional staff within the University, primarily in the areas o...