Job Profile SummaryThe Dean of Academic Affairs is an innovative campus learning leader. This senior-level administrator works collaboratively with faculty in developing and sustaining high quality academic programs. The Dean also encourages and fosters a culture of inquiry about student learning in support of various College strategic initiatives. Under the general supervision of the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs, the Dean also works in collaboration with the District-wide administration and community partners in higher education to maximize opportunities to ensure student success.
- Master's degree required, doctorate preferred.
- Requires 7-10 years of progressive administrative or managerial experience
- Some areas may require teaching experience
- Some positions may require a minimum of 18 additional credit hours in a specified discipline
- Technical and/or academic proficiency in discipline required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for some positions
- Other - 10%: Provides effective leadership in the process of external program review and quality assurance by supervising accreditation reviews for the college and its programs, curriculum development and review program innovation and development.
- Daily - 15%: Leads the performance of campus associate deans and directors as it relates to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse faculty and staff and their commitment to student achievement, curriculum development and implementation.
- Daily - 15%: Analyzes and directs the needs and interests of students as they relate to a comprehensive student learning master plan whereby assisting student affairs and learning resources in student access and retention.
- Other - 10%: Mentors and resolve conflict pertaining to academic life relating to academic honesty, grade appeals, and program substitutions.
- Other - 5%: Serves the campus and college through the charging of committees as well as committee involvement and to engage in co-curricular activities, such as the sustainability initiative, writes of Spring, cultural events, etc.
- Other - 10%: Collects, compiles, compares and analyzes departmental budget trends to maximize resource acquisition, expenditure and allocations using BC business intelligence tools as well as other data.
- Other - 5%: Leads associate deans and to collaborate with campus leadership team in the selection of appropriate parameters for creating data based class schedules that maximize student opportunities to engage in learning activities to include meeting needs for dates, times, instructional format.
- Other - 10%: Participates in a collaborative and team building environment as it relates to the sharing and input of academic issues via the weekly Provost's staff meetings, Dean's roundtable meetings or through other venues as needed.
- Other - 10%: Leads the campus and department through such activities as the promotion of professional self-development, participation and engagement with community partners such as advisory boards, local area schools, internal constituencies and their initiatives and objectives relating to the mission and master plan of the college.
- Other - 5%: Leads and supports the campus in the development and implementation of current technologies relating to curriculum design and implementation
- Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
- Recruits, trains and retains superior quality administrators and staff
- Provides leadership, supervision, professional development opportunities, and evaluation of the associate deans, directors, managers, and staff
- Oversees multiple academic or business affairs or student affairs departments, units or centers
- Develops and administers several large departmental budget(s) and State/Federal grants
- Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met
- Has full responsibility to oversight of multiple academic discipline/or units
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work
Leadership & Results Orientation
Inspires and generates enthusiasm and commitment for the vision, mission and core values of the College. Promotes employee growth and development through professional, technical, and academic programs and services. Makes effective decisions and produces results through strategic planning and development, implementation and evaluation of programs and policies. Sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver results.
Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's mission in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff.
Innovation and Creativity
Successfully implements creative ideas to move the organization, processes, and systems forward. Introduces new concepts, models, practices and services that serve to improve the Colleges value in the community.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Promotes quality teams through the effective use of the organization's performance management system (e.g. establishes performance standards, appraises staff accomplishments using developed standards, and takes action to reward and counsel as appropriate). Embraces and employs the diversity of individuals, cultures, values, ideas and communication styles in the achievement of common goals.
Continuous Improvement & Quality Service Orientation
Anticipates, identifies, diagnoses and consults on potential or actual problem areas relating to program implementation and divisional goal achievement. Fosters and environment of respect, dignity, and compassion that affirms and empowers all of its members (students, faculty, staff, outside organizations, others you provide service to) while striving for the highest ethical standards and social responsibility
Resource Management & Technology
Develops and implements the most emergent technologies for the unit utilizing methods and strategies that create environments that are flexible and responsive to the needs of local and national trends and the College's mission. Plans, organizes and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Ensures the effective use of college resources, implements fiscally sound practices and environmentally sustainable initiatives
Job TitleDean, Academic Affairs (Communication Pathway)
Job StatusFull time Regular
Salary$98,280 - $113,022 - Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Work ShiftFirst Shift
Hours Per Week37.5
Posting End DateOpen Until Filled
CommentsTo be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript are required.
Designated Essential PersonnelYes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf .
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7288, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at email@example.com.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.
Coordinator, Academic Support (South Campus), Broward College, United States, 3 days ago
Job Profile Summary Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing curriculum support initiatives in designated subject areas and provide support ...
Director Of Interprofessional Simulation And Emerging Technology, Assistant/Associate Professor, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, 11 days ago
Job Summary The Marieb College of Health & Human Services (MCHHS) at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) invites applications for a faculty member to join the college as the inaugural Director of...
Term Assistant Professor, University of San Francisco, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title: Term Assistant Professor Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Faculty Director of Immersive Learning (FDIL) is to serve as a knowledgeable resource and provide expert instruct...
Coordinator Fraternity & Sorority Life, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Summary The Coordinator, Fraternity and Sorority Life participates in the development and implementation of programs for sororities, fraternities, and Governing Councils. The Coordinator suppo...
Clinical Assistant Professor, Social Work, Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Summary The Department of Social Work and office of Counseling and Psychological Services at Florida Gulf Coast University invites applications for a full-time, continuing appointment, twelve-...
Student Success Counselor (Multiple Vacancies), Florida Gulf Coast University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Summary The Student Success Counselor for Daveler and Kauanui School of Entrepreneurship and Lutgert College of Business assists students in their academic pursuits by providing guidance in co...