KSU Jobs Home
- Search KSU Jobs
- View All KSU Jobs
Data Security Analyst
This position WILL NOT require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment
This position WILL NOT require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles
- Skilled in using data analysis and work productivity tools (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Acrobat)
- Skilled in physically disassembling PCs
- Skilled in verbal and written communications to convey information effectively
- Skilled in collecting, processing, packaging, transporting, and storing electronic evidence to avoid alteration, loss, physical damage, or destruction of data
- Skilled in identifying, modifying, and manipulating applicable system components within Windows, Unix, or Linux (e.g., passwords, user accounts, files)
- Skilled in developing and executing technical training programs
- Ability to prepare and deliver education and awareness briefings to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of and adhere to systems security policies and procedures
- Ability to answer questions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to ask clarifying questions
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Ability to prepare and present briefings
- Ability to develop clear directions and instructional materials
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One (1) year of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study
- Previous experience in information data security
- Previous experience in higher education information technology
Develops and maintains cybersecurity training, outreach, governance, planning, strategy and policy to support and align with organizational cybersecurity initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and maintains communication channels with stakeholders
- Analyzes organizational cyber policy
- Conducts learning needs assessments and identify requirements
- Creates interactive learning exercises to create an effective learning environment
- Develops and assists in the development of training policies and protocols for cyber training
- Plans instructional lectures, demonstrations, interactive exercises, multimedia presentations, video courses, and web-based courses
- Correlates training and learning to business or mission requirements
- Creates training courses tailored to the audience and physical environment
- Conducts periodic reviews and revisions of course content for accuracy, completeness, alignment, and remain current
- Develops and assists with the development of cybersecurity training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding of company cybersecurity policies, strategies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations
- Plans, executes, and verifies data redundancy and system recovery procedures
Back to Job Board
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw GA 30144
© 2018 Kennesaw State University. All rights reserved.
Misc Tech Temp Summer Undergraduate Ssd, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 4 hours ago
Misc Tech Temp Summer Undergraduate - SSD( Job Number: 0179030) Description Job Purpose: Position entails working under the direction of a research engineer/scientist in using applied research a...
Clinical Assistant Professor Of Mathematics, Kennesaw State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of Mathematics faculty position in the Department of Mathematics which begin...
Financial Administrator I (Tech Temp), Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 4 hours ago
Financial Administrator I (Tech Temp)( Job Number: 0178961) Description Job Purpose: Perform basic financial records maintenance and report preparation and reconciliation within the business area ...
Temp Lab/Research Support, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 8 days ago
TEMP-Lab/Research Support( Job Number: 0179092) Description Job Purpose: Provide support services in the operation and maintenance of an academic or research laboratory to include performing analy...
Temp Lab/Research Support, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 6 days ago
TEMP-Lab/Research Support( Job Number: 0179143) Description Job Purpose: Provide support services in the operation and maintenance of an academic or research laboratory to include performing anal...
Temp Administrative Clerical Customer Service, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 7 days ago
TEMP-Administrative Clerical Customer Service( Job Number: 0179090) Description Job Purpose: Provide office support services within a campus unit to include organizing and preparing correspondence...