- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
We are an innovative research entity in the Division of Cardiology and General Medicine looking for a highly organized, equity driven, detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidate to support the patient-oriented research portfolio of the Center for Behavioral Cardiovascular Health. We are looking for a Data Programmer who is passionate about the intersection between technology and health research, a creative problem-solver, can think outside the box, and can recommend and/or develop web-based and/or mobile tools for efficient implementation of our various research protocols.
- Developing new FileMaker solutions, and updating existing solutions to fix bugs, and implement changes due to study protocol modifications and feature-requests from end-users
- Processing data and transforming data from various formats (e.g. JSON, XML, etc.) to CSV, SAS or Excel
- Implementing, testing, modifying and debugging programming code in R and other programming languages
- Devising automation techniques
- Integrating Qualtrics with FileMaker solutions
- Automating the data download from FileMaker solutions, Qualtrics, REDCap, Fitbit, and similar tools via the corresponding APIs or ODBC, if applicable
- Automating the distribution of scheduled email and SMS surveys via the Qualtrics API
- Assisting with data cleaning processes to create key variables datasets for statistical analysis
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, plus 2 years of related experience or equivalent in education and experience required.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with statistical analysis methods used in clinical trials and epidemiological studies
- Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and experience working in an academic or health research environment
- Experience with data analysis and professional software language (SAS or R)
- Experience developing and maintaining relational database management systems, ideally with FileMaker Pro
- Experience processing and performing complex transformation of data from various formats (e.g. JSON, XML, etc.) from FileMaker, web/mobile apps, and other digital technology into the following analyzable formats: CSV, SPSS, SAS and Excel
- Experience with API programming including, but not limited to, Qualtrics and Fitbit
- Experience developing web/mobile-based apps for research data collection, or a good understanding of the app development process
- Experience with building data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau, R, Shiny, D3.js or similar tools
- Well-organized, proactive, extremely organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Able to balance working independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Able to multitask in a diverse and demanding environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in workload/work hours to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Must successfully complete systems training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Salesforce Developer, New York University, United States, 5 days ago
This role will work heavily with Salesforce, internal and external applications. The developer will be responsible for the maintenance, development, and implementation of new workflows, managing a...
Crm System Analyst, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: CRM System Analyst Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Management Information Systems-Metro Hiring Manager: Saul Kleinman Hiring Manager Title: Associat...
Communications Manager, Cs Ma P, New York University, United States, 5 days ago
The Center for Social Media and Politics is seeking a Communications Manager who will develop, design, and execute all public facing communications for the Center in an effort to reach key stakeho...
Assistant Director, Educational Technology, New York University, United States, 21 days ago
NYU's Stern School of Business has a challenging opportunity available for a creative Assistant Director, Educational Technology. A key member of the Learning Science Lab, the Assistant Director, ...
Educational Technologist, New York University, United States, 22 days ago
NYU's Stern School of Business has an exciting opportunity available for a creative Educational Technologist with experience in media production and/or graphic design. A key member of the Learning...
Research Cloud Specialist, New York University, United States, 21 days ago
As a member of the High Performance Computing (HPC) team the Research Cloud Specialist works closely with NYU faculty and research groups to develop and adapt cloud technologies to complement the ...