Clinical Research Coordinator for Large Neuroimaging Study of Aging and Alzheimer’s disease
The Mormino Laboratory within the Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences is seeking a Data Analyst I to work on large scale neuroimaging harmonization efforts to understand Alzheimer’s disease pathology in human aging and neurological diseases. These projects reflect multisite efforts to curate and harmonize imaging data to enable large data efforts in the national Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) program along with the Alzheimer’s Disease Sequencing Project Harmonization Consortium (ADSP-HC). Our research is focused on improving the diagnosis and monitoring of disease, enabling early detection, and understanding the contributions of early pathology to cognitive decline in human aging. Main duties include the curation and analysis of large multisite retrospective MRI and PET imaging data.
In addition to submitting your on-line CV, include a cover letter describing your prior experience with neuroimaging research.
- Identify and select usable data from subtle and complex data patterns. Assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information.
- Design methods to validate data to ensure high quality product. Explore creative approach to using data based on technical expertise of available data. Distribute reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users and provide interpretation of data when needed.
- Develop and produce dashboards, key performance indicators, and other recognized metrics used to monitor and report organizational performance. Collect and analyze metric data.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets using an extraction and reporting programming language to ensure data integrity.
- Research and reconcile data discrepancies occurring among various information systems and reports.
- Collaborate with data managers to define and implement data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis and reporting.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Previous hands-on experience with FreeSurfer and FSL for MRI/PET image analysis.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Matlab, and R.
- Experience with Linux and parallel processing of large neuroimaging datasets on high performance computing servers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, with good organizational skills.
- 2+ years of related experience in neuroimaging analysis.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Vector Pathogen Host Interaction, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 19 hours ago
The Vector-Pathogen-Host Interaction Unit, Laboratory of Bacteriology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), NIH is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with int...
Research Development Specialist, The California State University, United States, 27 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 505458 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online:...
Associated Students, San Jose State University Campus Community Garden Coordinator, University of Washington, United States, about 17 hours ago
Description: Position Title: Campus Community Garden Coordinator Position Department: Cesar Chavez Community Action Center (CCCAC) FLSA Status: Exempt Full/Part-Time: Full-Time Compensation Range:...
Associate Director Of Campus Wellness Education, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 504947 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online:...
Planetary Astronomer, The SETI Institute, United States, 6 days ago
Planetary Astronomer Description FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt Reports to: PDS Node...
Marketing Analyst Salesforce/Pardot, The California State University, United States, 17 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 505493 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 8, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) L...