Department: CTH Environmental Svcs
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition. Perform routine manual work in the cleaning of the hospital and the surrounding grounds. Ensures adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures. No patient care assignment.
* HOUSEKEEPING - Select cleaning materials and supplies and prepare solutions according to procedure
* HOUSEKEEPING - Load service carts and transport to work area
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean assigned areas by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, ventilators, patient televisions, and windows; strips and apply floor finish and polishes floors
* HOUSEKEEPING - Sweep and mops floor areas, vacuums carpets, spot-cleans carpets, using appropriate solutions, and arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area
* HOUSEKEEPING - Request cleaning supplies and equipment as needed
* HOUSEKEEPING - Operate various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean equipment and notify manager of equipment needing repair
* HOUSEKEEPING - Report safety hazards to manger
* HOUSEKEEPING - Return unused supplies to janitor closet or department, clean carts and equipment; ensure all items are properly replaced
* HOUSEKEEPING - Climb ladder to hang cubicle drapes, window drapes, or reach high areas for other cleaning purposes
* HOUSEKEEPING - Collect waste from all areas of the hospital, sanitize all garbage cans, and keep compactor area sanitized
* HOUSEKEEPING - Collect or distribute soiled or clean linen
* HOUSEKEEPING - May collect hazardous waste as established by Infection Control Committee
* HOUSEKEEPING - Transport infectious waste in a special closed container to the waste garage for sterilization before disposal
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean Isolation Room after patient has been discharged
* HOUSEKEEPING - Arrange furniture for meetings, workshops, and community affairs
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean, mop, scrub or sweep floors, stairways and hallways
* HOUSEKEEPING - Remove old finish from floors and re-coat with floor finish as needed or assigned
* HOUSEKEEPING - Operate vacuum suction machines to clean flooded areas
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean, wash, dust or polish, hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, lighting fixtures, windows, window sill, screens, vents, radiators, exteriors of cabinets and equipment
* HOUSEKEEPING - Clean patient rooms thoroughly; perform duties, such as mopping floors, washing furniture, scrubbing plastic cushions & bed frames, cleaning & washing bathroom fixtures, dusting overhead & bed lamps, making beds & performing other general cleaning work
* HOUSEKEEPING - Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned, such as vacuuming and shampooing rugs, lifting and moving furniture and other heavy projects
* RELATED WORK - May be called upon at times to perform other similar or related duties not included in this job description
* Not Required
1/2 year (6 months) directly related experience
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
* Med Haz: Mod exposure to chemicals/dangerous equip/materials
Housekeeping Attendant, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
FTE – 0.4 (15 hours per week) As part of Coventry University Enterprises Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Coventry University Group, Futurelets Ltd is growing its student accommodation and co...
Move Coordinator/Custodial Technician, Virginia Community College, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Summary Working Title Move Coordinator/Custodial Technician Role Title Hsekeep &/or Apparel Workr II Role Code 79072-SW FLSA Non-Exempt Pay Band 02 Position Number 28300073...
Custodial Worker 2, Campus Recreational Services Evening Custodial Services [R0133200], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 1 hour ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Custodial Worker 2, Campus Recreational Services - Evening Custodial Services [R0133200] ROLE of the POSITION Custodial Worker II's per...
Custodial Worker 2, Campus Recreational Services Evening Custodial Services [R0133204], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 9 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Custodial Worker 2, Campus Recreational Services - Evening Custodial Services [R0133204] ROLE of the POSITION Custodial Worker II's per...
Carpenter, Arizona State University, United States, 19 days ago
84008BR Campus: Tempe Carpenter Job Description Engineering Deans Office Infrastructure is seeking an experienced carpenter for a full-time position in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Str...
Cleaner, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
The Cleaning & Domestic Services team is part of Soft Services, Operations & Maintenance, which sits within the Estates Department of Coventry University Enterprises Ltd. The Domestic & Cleaning S...