Customer Svc Spec
The University Technology Office's Experience Center is seeking a Customer Service IT Support Technician. As part of the UTO, the primary duty of this position is to provide endpoint support to faculty, staff, and students by utilizing hardware, software and troubleshooting expertise. The Customer Service IT Support Technician performs a variety of activities necessary to provide desktop and software application support to end users to ensure proper and effective operations. As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role.
We are hiring for the following shift: Sunday - Wednesday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Clerical & Admin Support
UNIV TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$16.00 per hour
- Receives, responds to and monitors the status of work-order requests for technical assistance;
- Updates ticket system to reflect activities performed and status of requests to ensure timely completion of work orders in accordance with established policy.
- Configures both local and multi-platform personal computer systems and mobile devices .
- Installs software and establishes a connection to network(s) in accordance with specified standards. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures.
- Provides application assistance to end user as requested; replicates errors, re-sets computers and printers.
- Creates, updates, and maintains technical documentation for use within the group as well as outside entities.
- Uses enterprise CRM/ticketing tracking system, ERP and other technologies to document and track support services work.
- Participates in and contributes to scheduled and ad-hoc training.
- Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
Days and Schedule: Sunday - Wednesday 8:00am - 7:00pm
One-two years’ experience in a customer service environment and experience in a frontline customer service environment OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in a high volume customer service setting (1 year).
- Experience in problem solving.
- Experience with SCCM, JAMF, and Service Now.
- Experience in IT troubleshooting procedures including PC hardware, hardware drivers, software, and operating systems.
- Experience in supporting Windows 7 and above and supporting Mac OS 10.6 and above.
- Experience supporting a variety of email clients (i.e., Outlook, O365, Gmail and mobile device clients) for use with Exchange & Gmail.
- Experience in supporting customers and computers in an enterprise networked environment using Active Directory, Group Policies, TCP/IP, Ethernet and wireless.
- Evidence of effective technical and nontechnical communication skills - written and verbal.
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending and reaching.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by January 4, 2022. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s https://cfo.asu.edu/DEI and see “Workplace accommodations”.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Sandhills Stewardship And Fire Program Manager, Southern Pines, Nc, The Nature Conservancy, United States, 9 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyThe Nature ConservancyLocationSouthern Pines, North CarolinaJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$60,000- $6...
Facilities Management And Services Worker I, The University of Arizona, United States, 22 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Facilities Management and Services Worker I Rimrock, AZ, United States | req8277 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Facilities Management and Services Worker I Posting ...
Manager, Marketing And Communications (Washington, D.C.), The University of Arizona, United States, 16 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Manager, Marketing and Communications (Washington, D.C.) DC, United States | req8234 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Manager, Marketing and Communications (Washingto...
Fire Advisor – Applied Research And Extension Serving Sonoma, Napa, And Marin Counties, California, University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of California Agriculture and Natural ResourcesLocationSonoma County, CAJob CategoryFull time Pos...
Grassland Technician – Prairie Coteau – The Nature Conservancy, South Dakota, The Nature Conservancy, United States, 23 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyThe Nature ConservancyLocationClear Lake, South Dakota (SD)Job CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$13...
Admission Counselor Ii (Los Angeles County, Ca), The University of Arizona, United States, 21 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Admission Counselor II (Los Angeles County, CA) United States | req8178 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Admission Counselor II (Los Angeles County, CA) Posting Numbe...