Customer & Education Program Coordinator - 17545
University of Colorado | CU Denver
CU South Denver
Customer & Education Program Coordinator
Position #765376 – Requisition #17545
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
CU South Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Customer and Education Programs Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown.Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here .
Nature of Work
This position supports the internal and external stakeholders at the University of Colorado South Denver (CU South Denver) and is responsible for front-facing customer programs, services and operations including Welcome Desk, Theater and Museum operations, and Educational Program operations and delivery. Responsibilities in this position include greeting, directing and enhancing the CU South Denver experience for all patrons including the public, K-12 and higher education; selling admission tickets utilizing computerized point-of-sale system; following checklist routines for point-of-sale stations which includes operating multiple software programs and applications simultaneously; acting as back-up cash custodian; delivering P12 educational programs for schools and camps; supporting educational and public programs on a regular basis; monitoring galleries and exhibits; handling customer service requests and collaborating with the appropriate personnel; and overall, professionally coordinating effective communication across multiple departments within and outside of CU South Denver. In addition, Customer Coordinators maintain and monitor all museum and public spaces and report steps needed to improve these areas to the Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, and/or Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Organizational Effectiveness.
Customer Service, Guest Services, Customer Operations, Education, Cashiering
Examples of Work Performed:
- Present and maintain an organized, positive, welcoming environment for all CU Denver South visitors and customers.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors, and management in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Collaborate with manager and other CU staff to ensure information requests is communicated accurately to visitors or directed to the appropriate unit.
- Maintain components of the Museum and public spaces as required, including Globeology, Theatre, K12 classroom, the Art Gallery, temporary exhibits, Science on a Sphere and the Welcome Desk.
- Support events.
- Participate in organized training and staff meetings to learn new aspects of the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
- Develop an understanding of cash policy; participate in relevant training, follow cash-handling procedures as required by policy in an ethical and accurate way.
- Recognize security risks concerning inventory stock and cash; remain knowledgeable on prevention of security issues and how to handle these situations; follow established security procedures.
- Due to a wide range of possible questions from visitors and customers, be adaptable in offering assistance; follow escalation procedures as needed.
- Answer museum phone and greet individuals and groups as needed; answer customer emails in a timely fashion.
- Communicate professionally across the organization, including by email, phone and in person.
- Support Customer Programs and Services Supervisor in administrative tasks associated with Theater, Welcome Desk, Museum and Volunteer operations, and Education Programs operations and delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At the Welcome Desk:
- Greet visitors, students, and customers with a professionalism and a welcoming, warm style.
- Facilitate ticket sales for all events and programs, applying discounting where required.
- Upsell films with general admission purchase (combo tickets).
- Manage check-in processes for events.
- Create ID badges for students, staff, and faculty and answering questions.
In the Theater as Projectionist:
- Operate digital projector and all components for each movie showing, including maintaining proper sound and lighting.
- Monitor theater doors and ticketing.
- Report any technical problems to manager and IT Department.
- Ensure that 3D glasses are cleaned and polished on a daily basis. Sweep theater and remove trash between shows and at end of the day. Clean and maintain projection booth.
- Provide necessary projection services for special events, as assigned.
In Delivery of Education Programs:
- Assist with logistics for keeping groups organized in their visits to CU South Denver.
- Deliver programs on a weekly basis to groups visiting the facility.
- Work collaboratively with the volunteers providing assistance in program delivery.
- Make suggestions to manager for improvements in program delivery.
- Assist with coordination of school/group scheduling and reservations.
In Cash Reconciliation
- Serves as backup to Cash Custodian and Deputy Cash Custodian in daily cash procedures oversight –
- Conducts opening cash preparation procedures including opening the safe and taking out the necessary cash drawers for the day, appropriately handling the safe combination, preparing the deposit and log book for the armored transport
- Observes cashier’s count of drawer at end of shift regardless of time of day
- Conducts closing cash procedures including recounting the cash in cash drawers to verify deposit, counting drawer after making change, completing deposit for armored car pickup, counting safe after all change has been made for drawers, securing safe
As a Floater:
- Interface with the visitors and customers to minimize any factors that may negatively impact their experiences.
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times.
- Ensure all Museum and public spaces are clean and operating properly. Monitor all exhibit areas for maintenance concerns (e.g., spills, broken exhibits).
- Monitor visitor behavior (e.g., no food/drink policy); report anything out of the ordinary to security.
Salary and Benefits
The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions in its benefit package. The hiring salary for this position has been established at $14.46 per hour.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx.
The University of Colorado Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus also is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Experience providing excellent and quality customer service to multiple constituents.
- Minimum of one year customer service, cash handling and computerized POS system experience.
- Experience supporting museum education or similar programs.
- Experience supporting events.
- Experience in teaching and/or educational delivery highly desired.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
- Must be willing and able to use Kronos, a finger print driven time tracking system, for daily clock-in/clock-out.
Competencies Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Set a high standard of professionalism and for a professional atmosphere at all operational areas
- Be approachable, have strong customer service skills, and be well-versed in all CU South Denver policies.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor even under stressful circumstances.
- Display excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable persona.
- Possess a “team player” attitude
- Have the ability to think of your feet and problem solve
- Be comfortable navigating grey areas and delivering a positive, accurate message to all stakeholders
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with learning new information often that you are responsible for conveying to patrons
- Possess capability to operate two to three different software programs simultaneously
- Effectively communicate/report needs, issues, and solutions to the CPS Supervisor, Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy & Organizational Effectiveness in order to improve and evolve the customer experience.
- Quickly and effectively meet the needs of customers who use the CU Denver South location for their events.
- Have knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Preference will be given to those who apply by November 1, 2019.
: Administrative Support and Related
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 60141 - ADM CUSD BUSOP MUS/THEATR/GS
: Oct 21, 2019
Posting Contact Name: South Denver HR
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00765376
Specialist, Data & Gift Processing, University of Denver, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493739 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Alumni / Development / Fundraising The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the ...
Administrative Assistant, Advancement, University of Denver, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493795 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Admin / Executive / Office Support, Alumni / Development / Fundraising Located where the Great Plains meet the Rock...
Clinical Assistant Professor, International Disaster Psychology: Trauma And Global Mental Health, Graduate School Of Professional Psychology, University of Denver, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493700 Work type:Faculty Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Faculty The University of Denver (DU) is a top-ranked university in a thriving city at the base of the Rocky Moun...
Program Coordinator, Undergraduate Access And Transitions Programs, University of Denver, United States, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:493736 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of...
Program Coordinator, Undergraduate Access And Transitions Programs, University of Denver, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:493798 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of...
Assistant Director, Housing And Residential Education, University of Denver, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493710 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Affairs / Services, Admin / Executive / Office Support Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the...