Overview of Custodian, Nights
Our Building Services department at Purdue University Northwest is seeking Custodians to join our campus community. Our Custodial Staff play a pivotal role in maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment by providing services for university classrooms, offices, research labs, and public spaces.
- $13.00/hour plus $.50 shift differential
- Sunday through Thursday from 11:00pm to 7:30am
Benefits of Custodian
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Ten paid vacation days first year of employment
- Ten paid holidays
- Employee Wellness Programs
- University paid and matching contribution to retirement
- University contribution to Health Savings Account –
- Plus, a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children at any Purdue campus
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate diversity.
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please visit: https://www.pnw.edu/human-resources/benefits/
Duties and Responsibilities of Custodian
- Perform custodial duties which include but are not limited to:
- Mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, s tripping, waxing, and buffing floors
- Disinfecting toilets and sinks
- Cleaning walls and washing windows
- Operate and maintain power and non-power equipment including: Mops, shovels, brooms, pressure washers, scrubbers, power floor sweepers, shampoos, vacuums, high speed floor machines, buffers, walk behind floor machines and floor machine riders.
- Perform floor preparation, care and maintenance of public areas.
- Provide assistance as needed in setup of tables, chairs and other equipment to accommodate a wide variety of on campus event activities.
Education of Custodian
- High School diploma/GED
Experience of Custodian
- No experience required. Previous custodial/janitorial experience preferred.
Core Competencies of Custodian
- Ability to work individually or with others in a team-oriented environment with direct or minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain constructive relationships/partnerships with co-workers
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb a ladder up to 10 ft. high, and lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to work adjusted schedule dependent upon area of coverage and work overtime to meet the business needs of the University
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hvac Mechanic, Central Heating And Cooling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 7 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Ten paid vacation days first year of employment Ten paid holidays University paid and matching c...
Pnw Assistant/Associate Professor, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Department of Engineering Technology in the College of Technology at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) in Hammond, Indiana is accepting applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate p...
Head Men's Ice Hockey Coach And Director Of Hockey Operations, Intercollegiate Athletics, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 7 hours ago
Part of the internationally respected Purdue University system, Purdue University Northwest offers world-class educational opportunities at an excellent value on two culturally diverse, student-ce...
Academic Advisor, School Of Education & Counseling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 7 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover Uni...
Visiting Assistant Professor: Hammond And Westville, Indiana, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 22 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPurdue University NorthwestLocationHammond and Westville, IndianaJob CategoryFaculty AppointmentsSalaryTBDSt...
Pnw Lecturer History, Philosophy, Politics, And Economics, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 5 days ago
To apply, applicants should submit the following: 1) cover letter specifically addressing required teaching-oriented experience; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) statement on diversity, equity, and inclusi...