Curriculum Coordinator Alpine-Summit in Fort Collins, CO - 27360
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Office of Medical Education
Academic Services Senior Professional
Curriculum Coordinator Alpine-Summit in Fort Collins, CO
Position #00801950– Requisition # 27360
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The Office of Medical Education has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Academic Services Senior Professional/Curriculum Coordinator Alpine-Summit position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu .
Nature of Work:
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit. This position will be a hybrid work environment with the expectation of at least 2 days on site per week. Additional on-site days may be required when sessions, on-site meetings, or events necessitate an additional on-site presence. Please see the campus-wide policy for additional information.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently
This position is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the third and fourth year Alpine and Summit Curriculum. This includes key administrative activities, day-of session set up and live support both on campus and in remote learning environments and ensuring that Advanced Science course goals and objectives are accomplished on a consistent basis. This position will provide staff support to the numerous faculty members who teach the Advanced Sciences Courses. This position will take the lead on complex curriculum projects and will develop processes that align with University of Colorado (CU) and School of Medicine (SOM) policies, procedures, and accreditation standards.
The individual in this role will be relied upon to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide array of staff, faculty, and community partners. Relationship building, follow up, and regular lines of communication are essential. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills and will have the ability to successfully manage multiple self-directed projects that may, at times, have competing priorities.
This position reports to the Curriculum Manager at the Fort Collins Branch School of Medicine. The position has a dotted line reporting to the Curriculum Manager for Alpine/Summit at AMC.
No direct supervision. While there is no direct supervision, the individual in this role must be able to influence and implement initiatives without direct reporting structures.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Build strong relationships in the Undergraduate Medical Education program with staff peers, leadership, and Director to support the success of the Advance Science Courses.
- Support training staff in the Advance Science Courses and the Elective Courses through Undergraduate Medical Education for cross-functionality and efficiency.
- Oversee and maintain the ongoing planning and overall course delivery of the Advance Science Courses (ASC) and electives. Acts as the main point of contact in planning, execution, and administration for all ASCs and electives. Document processes for standardization and replicability.
- Schedule all activities, coordinate events, and upload all course materials in the Learning Management System for the Advance Sciences Courses and electives. Ensure all activities, events and course materials uploaded are accurate and timely.
- Prepare reports and correspondence for the Director related to the ASC curriculum. Manage a central inbox and coordinate resources for peers, leaders, and the Director.
- Maintain student records and monitor placement of students at various clinical locations. Facilitate badging requirements as needed. Adhere to FERPA regulations and requirements of student data.
- Maintain all course schedules and information, including inputting information into the learning management system. Update the associated webpages and instructional resources to align with course objectives and learning material.
- Answer student, facilitator, and guest speaker inquiries as they relate to the courses and associated materials with accurate and timely information. Communicate effectively in-person, and via a variety of on-line platforms.
- Provide support for on-campus and remote class sessions including tracking attendance of staff and faculty. Deliver resources and supplies based on the requirements of the course.
- Attend learning sessions and provide additional administrative support as required for the success of the Advance Science Courses and electives.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. We reserve the right to change responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in education administration, business administration, education organization, management, communications, social sciences, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Professional experience working in an administrative or education role.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
Substitution: A combination of work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job, may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- 2-3 years’ experience managing projects in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- 2-3 years of experience working at a higher education institution.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems (i.e., Blackboard, Canvas).
- Program or curriculum management experience in higher education.
- Experience with curriculum management and coordination.
- Experience working within the confines of complex rules, regulations, and accreditation standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to align multiple, competing demands with established priorities, and enjoy the challenges of change.
- Displays analytical and critical thinking skills to assist in resolving complex problems. Independently seeks solutions with minimal supervision or external input required.
- Strong skills in project management and change management are required. Must be able to help navigate multiple stakeholder groups through an exciting and evolving new curriculum.
- Effective and timely communications, with expectations of responses within two business days of email receipt.
- Exemplary organization, presentation, and leadership skills with an ability to work with little supervision independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on personal accountability.
- Must be a quick learner who is able to grasp new concepts and then successfully implement them into core tasks.
- Ability to function with a high level of maturity and awareness for protecting sensitive information.
- Implement process changes to operations resulting from technology enhancements or business changes.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range ) for this position has been established at $48,701-$61,948
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range ) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
: Academic Services
: Fort Collins
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20038 - SOM-DEAN EO UME
: Sep 8, 2022
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Smith
Posting Contact Email: Jennifer.email@example.com
Position Number: 00801950
Adjunct Instructor International Education Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Adjunct Instructor - International Education Open Pool Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote wo...
Academic Success Coordinator, Colorado State University, United States, 23 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Academic Success Coordinator Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote work? Research Professional ...
Computer Science Instructor Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Computer Science Instructor - Open Pool Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote work? No Posting ...
Instructors Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Instructors - Open Pool Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote work? Yes - Hybrid Remote/In-Offi...
Experiential Learning Specialist, Colorado State University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Experiential Learning Specialist Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote work? Yes - Hybrid Remot...
Experiential Learning Specialist, Colorado State University, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Experiential Learning Specialist Position Location Fort Collins, CO Is this position eligible for hybrid or remote work? Research Professio...