Internal Number: REQ189534
Reporting to the College's Senior Associate Director of Operations, this position oversees coordination of assigned curricular and co-curricular programs in the College at Brown University. In this role, the Program Coordinator develops and streamlines office processes and provides administrative support for programs within designated teams and areas. Responsibilities will include developing knowledge and understanding of Brownâ™s academic and financial policies and procedures, and providing logistical support for communications, events, and program applications and other processes. This position will serve as an initial point of contact for assigned areas, addressing general and program-specific inquiries from students, families, faculty, and staff, and connecting them with resources across the University. Finally, as a member of the College's operations and support team, this position will provide back-up support to assigned programs within the College's academic advising, curriculum, and co-curriculum teams and general administrative support for the Collegeâ™s office-wide procedures and processes.
-Pre-Professional Advising Program Support
-Health & Law Careers Application Process Support
-Brown RISD Dual Degree Program Support
-Co-Curricular Program Support
-Assigned Back-Up Support, Program Support and Cross-training
Education and Experience:
- Associateâ™s degree and at least 2 yearsâ™ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience, interest, and commitment to working with people from diverse racial, socioeconomic, and other backgrounds and ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with diverse faculty, students, and administrators.
- Fluency with computers and various applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google office applications, web editing platforms, etc.).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to be able to organize, prioritize, and follow through on complex, multi-deadline projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, speed, and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and integrate institutional policy with program needs.
- Demonstrated editing and writing ability.
- Customer-focused, customer service oriented
- Experience with event planning and scheduling
- Judgment and discretion in dealing with significant, confidential information.
- Ability to occasionally work in the late-afternoon/early-evening/weekend for specific and critical pre-planned program, College, and University events.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to working with a diverse campus community.
Criminal and Education background check satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:Curricular & Co-Curricular Program Coordinator
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Work Location:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer , Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a personâ™s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Brown University
Located in historic Providence, Rhode Island and founded in 1764, Brown University is the seventh-oldest college in the United States. Brown is an independent, coeducational Ivy League institution comprising undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA.
Connections working at Brown University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Associate Lecturer In Humanities, Central Queensland University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Associate Lecturer in Humanities Apply now » Date: 14 Nov 2023 Job Location: Rockhampton, QLD, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity Continuing, Full Time School of Educ...
Pacific Communications Coordinator, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, about 6 hours ago
Pacific Knowledge & Culture Hub: Pacific Development Team Located in Ōtautahi | Christchurch, Aotearoa | New Zealand Full-time 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) Continuing (permanent) position Generou...
Clinical Research Specialist Emory College Of Arts And Sciences, Emory University, United States, 6 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Accountant Ii, University of Arkansas, United States, 10 days ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Assistant Teaching Professor, Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada, about 11 hours ago
While this position welcomes applications from individuals external to the university, current Academic Teaching Staff are first notified of available positions and will receive first consideratio...
Faculty Fellow, University of Mississippi, United States, about 12 hours ago
The Faculty Fellow at The University of Mississippi is invested in impacting the student residential experience and student success through establishing an academic life and culture in the Residen...