Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The College of Health Solutions seeks an organized and energetic team member to serve as the Outreach Summer Programs. Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Recruitment, the Coordinator plans, organizes, and coordinates activities, functions, and programs associated with educating elementary, middle, and high school students about opportunities in health. This position will be housed on the Downtown campus and will be expected to commute on a regular basis between ASU campuses and the Downtown campus as well as community partner locations to meet the needs of the college.
The College of Health Solutions is committed to creating a positive culture of inclusion, wellness, and employee engagement. We exemplify this through our Staff Success Hub, whose Council membership is open to all CHS staff. The Council gives staff a voice in decision-making at the college level and reflects the college leadership’s commitment to attracting, developing, and retaining the best, most diverse talent in a safe and inclusive environment.
CHS Student Success Hub
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 - $50,000 per year; DOE
- Develops a strategic plan and portfolio of summer camps for the College of Health Solutions
- Coordinates logistics, scheduling, registration, and participant communications for summer camps and outreach activities
- Develops and facilitates workshops and hands-on activities that educate K-12 students and community members about health
- issues and careers in health
- Works with marketing and communication team to maintain the website and develop promotional brochures and handouts
- Prepares budget proposals for outreach functions and controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations
- Represents the College of Health Solutions and serves on university committees
- Liaises with students, faculty, staff, and campus partners to facilitate outreach objectives
- Maintains direct contact with K-12 schools, community partners, and university departments associated with summer camps and outreach activities
- Works directly with classroom teachers, informal educators, and community partners via classroom and on-site visits
- Recruits, trains, and supervise volunteers and summer camp staff, as needed
- Provides assistance and information to faculty, staff, and outside organizations regarding health-related educational outreach
- Assists with in-office prospective student appointments, campus tours, events, and presentations as needed.
- Frequent nights and occasional weekends are required to perform the tasks necessary to be successful in this position.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in K-12 summer programming outreach, education, and/or teaching
- Experience with or expertise in health, health education, and/or health careers
- Evidence of a master's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience in project management, maintaining budgets, and utilizing Microsoft applications
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Use ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) is dedicated to translating scientific advances into practical interventions to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. CHS research programs encompass basic, discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. CHS takes an interdisciplinary approach to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. The college is highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented with an organizational structure that includes translational teams, affinity networks and academic programs to improve the health of people and communities.
The current training programs include behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic’s campus in north Phoenix.
For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit https://www.asu.edu/about/ and https://chs.asu.edu/
The College of Health Solutions does not provide sponsorship for staff positions. Applicants will need to be eligible to work in the United States.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Adventure Trips Leader, South Shore YMCA - Camp Burgess & Hayward, United States, 26 days ago
AgencySouth Shore YMCA - Camp Burgess & HaywardLocationCape Cod, MAJob CategorySeasonalSalary$920/bi-weekly (housing included)Start Date06/11/2023Last Date to Apply06/10/2023Websitehttps://www.cam...
Non College Workstudy, Student Assistant , University of Houston - Downtown, United States, about 4 hours ago
Non-College Workstudy, Student Assistant - (STU001519) Non-College Workstudy, Student Assistant Department Name:D0012 Urban Education Description Let’s Go Outside! Urban Explorers - Girls STEAM A...
Invasive Plant Management Technician (Yosemite Np), Great Basin Institute, United States, 24 days ago
AgencyGreat Basin InstituteLocationWawona, CAJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$18.06/hrStart Date05/22/2023Last Date to Apply05/22/2023Websitehttps://www.vscyberhosting.com/greatbasin...
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 28 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Program Manager – Guam (Colorado State University – Center For Environmental Management Of Military Lands), Colorado State University - Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands, United States, about 18 hours ago
AgencyColorado State University - Center for Environmental Management of Military LandsLocationGuamJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$90,000 - $110,000Last Date to Apply06/12/2023Websitehttps:/...
Program Manager Guam, Colorado State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Program Manager - Guam Position Location Guam Work Location Position is fully in-office/in-person Research Professional Position Yes Postin...