The Coordinator Sr. is part of the Student Organization and Leadership team at Arizona State University’s Tempe campus which serves more than 800 student organizations. This position oversees the leadership development efforts for the department by designing, coordinating, and executing programs and initiatives.
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$43,100 - $43,500 per year; DOE
- Oversees leadership development efforts for student organizations, student leaders, individual members, and advisors.
- Designs, coordinates, and executes leadership programs that will impact over 800 student organizations and their members.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings, and conferences for student organizations related to leadership training, risk management education, organizational behavior, event planning strategies etc.
- Supervises a Management Intern (Graduate Assistant) with a focus on student leadership.
- Serves as a resource to student organizations through ongoing advisement, support and consultation to student organization leaders.
- Orients new officers and members about the history and purpose of their organization and assists in future goal setting through transitional workshops and programs.
- Takes a lead role in planning several departmental events such as Passport to ASU, Distinguished Organization recognition, Women’s Leadership Initiatives, Passing the Pitchfork, and various involvement fairs.
- Works to maximize use of software that supports student organizations including SunDevilSync (Engage), Salesforce, etc.
- Assists in reviewing and updating the Student Organization Handbook and Student Organization Advisor Handbook.
- Assists student organizations in understanding and interpreting University policy and regulations.
- Holds students accountable for roles and responsibilities and addresses inappropriate behavior, specifically those which violate University and student organization policy.
- Represents the college/department and serves on various department and university committees; attends seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Collaborates with colleagues and campus-wide partners in student affairs, academic colleges, and on other ASU campuses to provide direct support and guidance to student organizations.
- Helps promote Spirit, Pride, and Tradition among colleagues and students by implementing and participating in programs that promote ASU Pride.
- Work location is primarily at the Tempe Campus; however, incumbent may occasionally be required to travel to off-campus events and other ASU campuses.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of college/university student organization advising techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational theory and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitation and instruction techniques.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Experience in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities.
- Experience in working with a diverse population.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in advising college/university student groups.
- Experience in verbal and written communication.
This position provides day-to-day advisement and developmental resources to student organizations, student leaders, individual members, and advisors to increase student impact in creating positive social change at ASU and in the greater community. This position reports to the Associate Director, Student Engagement – Memorial Union & Student Pavilion.
The Memorial Union, or MU as it is familiarly called, serves as the campus community center for students, faculty, staff and guests of Arizona State University. The four-level building features a variety of programs, services and opportunities for student involvement. The MU also serves as the central meeting and conference center for registered student organizations, campus departments and at various times of the year, for organizations and community businesses.
Since opening its doors in 1956, the MU has undergone a number of renovation projects as well as several additions to original structure, most recently in 2008. Today the building totals about 253,000 square feet which serves a growing student body.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Assistant Professor Of Practice, The University of Arizona, United States, about 22 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant Professor of Practice United States | req124 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant Professor of Practice Posting Number req124 Department Animal&Biomed...
Residential Life Officer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Residential Life Officer - 00C6R Description The Residential Life Officer will provide individual support for students in one of the three residential colleges and help implement a residential cur...
Simulation Technician, College Of Nursing (Tucson & Phoenix)(Part Time Full Time), The University of Arizona, United States, about 22 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Simulation Technician, College of Nursing (Tucson & Phoenix)(Part Time - Full Time) 2 Locations Available | req293 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in t...
Security Assistant, Campus Physical Development And Services Department, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
The Opportunity The Campus Physical Development & Services Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Security Assistant to control the movement of people and material within and out of the...
Administrative Assistant Iii , Wesleyan Student Assembly (1.0), Wesleyan University, United States, 5 days ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00780 Position Title Administrative Assistant III , Wesleyan Student Assembly (1.0) Department Wesleyan Student Assembly-1113 Job Cate...
Telecommunicator (Police Dept) 69867, UTMB Health, United States, 7 days ago
Job ID 69867 Job Title Telecommunicator (Police Dept) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit CMPSS Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualifications Must be 18 Years of ...